Hello everyone,
First of all, I want to say sorry for
my bad English. My name is Adil and I'm from Turkey. I hope you will
accept a person from another country to your forum. Actually, I have
been following this forum from a long time. I find lots of
interesting,high quality, useful topics in this forum and members
know what they are speaking about. I have some documents about gt86
which may come interesting to you and I understand that I won't be
able to share those without introduce myself and register to forum :)
So, this is the reason why I want to be in this wonderful community.
I have ordered Orange M/T Gt86 in July and its delivery due to first week of Sept. In Turkey, gt86 comes
with not much options to choose. For example, we don't have cloth
seats as an option, all cars have leather/alacantra seats (black and red both available). In short,
I can say that gt86 comes here fully equipped . Also, we don't have
much color choice, only red,black,white and orange available. And
here comes the worst part; prices are 52.900 € for M/T and 56.900 €
for A/T. Our government takes lots of taxes from cars which are over
1600cc. It is something like; %37 tax for 1600 cc and below, %87 tax
for between 1600cc to 2000cc and %137 tax for 2000cc and above and
also lots of other taxes. Thus, this is the reason why it is
expensive.
I joined gt86 launch party in Istanbul Park (it is
our F1 ring) and then I decided to buy it. If you wonder how was it
like you can check
this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7bse0ZTEAE&feature=plcp

and this;
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=206089216185607&set=vb.142693355777717&type=2&theater

This is the advertisement video in Turkey which you can see in TV;

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151121801995450&set=vb.142693355777717&type=2&theater

I think that is it for now. I will be very happy to
answer if you have any question. More will come (photos,videos)
slowly :) Cheers!

Best regards,

Adil

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
udenlol said:
I joined gt86 launch party in Istanbul Park (it is
our F1 ring) and then I decided to buy it. If you wonder how was it
like you can check
this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7bse0ZTEAE&feature=plcp

Best regards,

Adil
Like the launch video, shame about the price in Turkey and I thought the UK was expensive compared to US and Japan.

I've had mine for 10 days now and have just finished the 1000 miles running in and I've loved every minute of it.

Hope you have fun with yours

Alec

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Karsilama Adil.

I enjoyed the videos you linked. Looked like everyone had a good time. I want one of those orange GT 86 caps to go with my orange car. Anyone seen them in the UK?

Your tax regime in Turkey sucks!! Bad luck. I suppose you would have to pay a lot of tax if you imported one privately from another country.

By the way, your English is much better than my Turkish, so don't apologise for it.

Cheers
<-- alcohol free beer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
keelerad said:
Like the launch video, shame about the price in Turkey and I thought the UK was expensive compared to US and Japan.

I've had mine for 10 days now and have just finished the 1000 miles running in and I've loved every minute of it.

Hope you have fun with yours

Alec
Thank you so much Alec and congrats for you!.Tbh it is my fav colour, great choice(wish we had this colour
)It's good to hear you enjoy your car.
I start searching some empty areas in my city to learn the basics of RWD car and its limits

<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">
Celica66 said:
Welcome...do you have sat nav?

well
we have toyota touch system as standard, i don’t want to give wrong
info but as I know sat nav system doesn't work properly in Turkey
because it doesn't have a good working Turkey map in it. I guess we
can get it as an option but no one will get it in here for sure.</font></font></font>
</font></font></font>
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">
Musketeer said:
Karsilama Adil.

I enjoyed the videos you linked. Looked like everyone had a good time. I want one of those orange GT 86 caps to go with my orange car. Anyone seen them in the UK?

Your tax regime in Turkey sucks!! Bad luck. I suppose you would have to pay a lot of tax if you imported one privately from another country.

By the way, your English is much better than my Turkish, so don't apologise for it.

Cheers
<-- alcohol free beer
Thanks a lot for your kind words and greeting.Yes tax regime in here really sucks. You don't want to hear the price of a car above 2.0 lt engine belive me
Let me give you an example ; as you know subaru wrx sti has 2.5lt engine its price in Turkey 108.000 €
Probaly you can buy super sport cars for that price in the U.K.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Welcome buddy, thats a shocking price that they charge over there. What other cars are priced in that range?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hopefully for you guys in Turkey, that'll all change when you join the EU (if ever you do). You can then buy a car anywhere in the EU and only pay the local taxes. The car selling industry in Turkey will go down the drain or the government will change the taxes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
R32 GTR said:
Welcome buddy, thats a shocking price that they charge over there. What other cars are priced in that range?

Briefly, if you want to buy a car which has motor engine over 1.6 lt shouldprepared to pay over 45.000€ and above. This is valid for any brand in here.

Since gt 86 doesn't have much rival in its class, I can say that price is ok if I consider other sport cars which as 2.0 lt engine. Some examples;

- Audi TT coupe 2.0 TFSI S tronic starts from 73.000€
- Mitsubishi Evo X MR SST - 77.000€
- Mercedes Slk 200 starts from 88.000 €

Some interesting prices;

</font>
- Toyota prius 1.8 hybrid synergy drive premium 55.500€ (cuz its engine over 1.6 lt)</font>
- Toyota avensis 1.6 elegant 25.900 € (cuz it has 1.6 lt engine)
- Toyota avensis wagon 2.0 premium multidrive s 51.000€ (cuz its engine over 1.6 lt)</font>

</font>
But if you want to buy a sport car which has 1.6 lt engine and below like Mini Cooper JCW, Peugeot RCZ, VW Scirocco 1.4 tfsi etc. They are all cheaper then any other car which has 1.6lt and over engine.</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.