GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm in the market for a GT-86 and after a test drive of the auto version last Saturday I'm very tempted. Test drive of the manual version to follow late this weekend. I currently have an Alfa Mito Cloverleaf 170, which is a damn good car and I'll be sorry to see it go, but I'm missing the handling and rear wheel drive that I have previously (Mk3 MX-5). As I sometimes have to transport more than one child, I should be able to manage this in the Toyota.

I'm looking for a flat red, with leather/alcantara and depending on the test of the manual, I'll decide on the box later (TBH I was quite taken with the auto and would be ideal for my commute!)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your other test drive and let us know what you think with the differences between the Auto vs. Manual.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Martin F said:
Hi & Welcome

Just one question...............
1985 Citroen 2CV6
???

Strange car to have in the garage for somebody who likes their sports cars.

Not strange at all - my first car was one of these and I've had one (often more than one) ever since. The club scene is great and we have been all over the world and met many good friends with it. It's also GREAT in the snow!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The current fleet, including the 2CV in the middle ! Thats also why I was thinking of the red GT86, as it would be next to it in the garage!

Edited by: chopper602

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Welcome aboard and interesting collection there which can only be improved with a GT86 amongst them

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
welcome. Unless you're quite short, you won't be getting many kids in the back.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gt_sjo said:
welcome. Unless you're quite short, you won't be getting many kids in the back.
The kids are 10 & 13, so if one is sitting in the front passenger seat (pulled quite far forward), then the other can get in the seat behind. As you can see from the photo, we have a 'family' car for when we're all out together.

·
Registered
485 Posts
[/QUOTE]
The kids are 10 & 13, so if one is sitting in the front passenger seat (pulled quite far forward), then the other can get in the seat behind. As you can see from the photo, we have a 'family' car for when we're all out together.
[/QUOTE]

My (tall) 8 year old is fine in the back with 5ft 8 wife in the front passenger seat so you should be OK

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Manual test drive booked for tomorrow 3pm.

Tried out Peugeot RCZ & Hyundai Veloster Turbo today, both Ok, but Hyundai didn't have enough power and although Peugeot has 200 bhp, it didn't feel that quick. Was *very* nice inside though

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jonnykool said:
hey fellow teesider. Feel free to pop over and see my orange manual anytime. Rmb have sold their red auto.

Looks like you are in Thornaby (I'm Acklam), I'll keep an eye out !

(Not seen another on the road, apart from the orange auto from RMB)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hoe did u like the RCZ? Been looking at that too, till i saw it closer for real, those doors are HUUUUGE. Would never get out, even in a family parking spot at the market

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MikaelSE said:
Hoe did u like the RCZ? Been looking at that too, till i saw it closer for real, those doors are HUUUUGE. Would never get out, even in a family parking spot at the market

I didn't think they were that big TBH, but then I have, at present, got an Alfa Mito which is a two door.

Biggest doors I've ever seen on a two door car belong to a Renault Avantine, they actually have two hinges!

http://carficionado.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/renault-avantime.jpg

·
Registered
566 Posts
Not sure about the RCZ. I followed one today and ended up parked next to it. Odd looking car I thought. Guess you love that styling or you don't. And I honestly I don't. Edited by: malcolmgt86

·
Registered
855 Posts
I liked it, but have done loads of audio work on 206's when they came out, but always got pissed in a garage/work shop, when i couldnt open the doors much unless i hit the walls, since the doors where so large. The RCZ have, for some weird reason, a part that overlaps the B pillar about 5 cm, for absolutely no reason other than it prolly looked good to some engineer. But imagine a 206 door, which is already large, and then add about 5-7cm. Makes it REAL hard to get out of in i tight parking spot

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.