GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Just joined the club.I've ordered a black, manual transmission one with leather seats.
Expected delivery 1st Sep.

I can't wait

Thanks to all the posters on here with the background and advice that helped my choice.
I had 3 test drives - 2 manual and 1 auto.

The GT86 is just a bit smaller that my Civic Type R, and easily fits in my garage as I found out on test drive 2.

Sean

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Nice! Bet you can't wait and less than a month to go too!

I'm waiting for next spring to give me a chance to save lots of pennies and want to see what the TRD comes in at.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome I am also swopping from a Type R and have ordered Black manual satnav leather options with red trim so yeah good choice

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Sean_C said:
Hi All
Just joined the club. I've ordered a black, manual transmission one with leather seats.
Expected delivery 1st Sep.

I can't wait  

Thanks to all the posters on here with the background and advice that helped my choice.
I had 3 test drives - 2 manual and 1 auto.

The GT86 is just a bit smaller that my Civic Type R, and easily fits in my garage as I found out on test drive 2.

Sean
Hey man,

I'm up in st Neots. I ordered my car from Steven eagell Bedford.
I had two test driver of the dark grey mt.

I ordered 2nd December, but because I ordered the red Alcantara with sat nav, I won't get it till Sept 20-26th

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Welcome and congrats! So you're second test drive was by yourself? And you managed to drive it home?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
GT86Owner said:
Keethos said:
Welcome and congrats! So you're second test drive was by yourself? And you managed to drive it home?
The Bedford dealer let me and the wife take their GT86 for couple hours!

No way, my dealer wouldn't allow me to test drive it without him, I was guna bring my cousin along as he's interested in getting the BRZ but I didn't in the end, otherwise someone would have had to get squash in the back

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Keethos said:
GT86Owner said:
Keethos said:
Welcome and congrats!  So you're second test drive was by yourself?  And you managed to drive it home?
The Bedford dealer let me and the wife take their GT86 for couple hours!

No way, my dealer wouldn't allow me to test drive it without him, I was guna bring my cousin along as he's interested in getting the BRZ but I didn't in the end, otherwise someone would have had to get squash in the back 
To be fair I had been in contact with my dealer since November. They had my home address and had been sending of stuff. Also I had put a deposit down so they might have had my details...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Garage test
The dealer came with me and looked a bit sheepish as I drove slowly into the garage - he didn't believe it was a smaller car than my Type R (FN2).

I took my CDs out on a drive too to check out the standard sound system - more than adequate.

Like the plate 'GT86Owner' !

Probably a good move to get to know the dealer and then take your wife with you for a test drive in what is essentially a 2 seater. Lee would never fit in the back.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Sean_C said:
Garage test
The dealer came with me and looked a bit sheepish as I drove slowly into the garage - he didn't believe it was a smaller car than my Type R (FN2).

I took my CDs out on a drive too to check out the standard sound system - more than adequate.

Like the plate 'GT86Owner' !

Probably a good move to get to know the dealer and then take your wife with you for a test drive in what is essentially a 2 seater. Lee would never fit in the back.
Yes exactly, I didnt want the wife to have to sit in the back!

I think they let us take it because they felt bad that I ordered it on the 2nd December and not getting it until sept.....

I have to say Steven Eagell Toyota have been pretty good of recent, but a huge lack of info leading up to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts