GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am waiting to get a delivery date for my new GT86 too, been told its in the UK
but probably won't be ready to pick up until around 8th of Sept.
Have ordered a black with red/black interior and finally saw a black one today in the garage on the A286 near Horsham so now v.v.v.excited!! Also have an MKIII MR2 roadster which I'm keeping too - so all weather conditions/moods covered. If the 86 is as much fun as my MR2 has been will be very very happy. Hope to see some of you out and about on the roads - that's as long as I hide the key from my hubby..........

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Welcome
Good decision to buy ...now the wait comes and the more you read on here the more you want the car....
Look forward to seeing some on the roads soon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,Hang on in there for the wait. I've had mine about 2 weeks now. You won't regret it. After the first 100 it responds lke a dream. The steering, the brakes,the engine sound. Its so responsive. Exciting, fun to drive. The superlatives in this reviewdo it justice. Here is a link comparing it to a 370z which was a possible option for me. Having driven both as Chris the reviewer has I have absolutely no doubts: its a classic. Its Toyota all the way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhLXvxlQR4
I would add for me as opposed to Chris' feeling the interior of the 370z wasn't something that appealed. I felt too high and far away from the wheel. I don't find the Toyota trim unappealing and the positioning and design in the cockpit just feels so much better.
Black, nav, black leather

Edited by: arcanus

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Had mine 2 weeks as well. It's getting boring now.

Look, nurse, there's another one over here

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
phee37 said:
Hi everyone, I am waiting to get a delivery date for my new GT86 too, been told its in the UK
but probably won't be ready to pick up until around 8th of Sept.
Have ordered a black with red/black interior and finally saw a black one today in the garage on the A286 near Horsham so now v.v.v.excited!! Also have an MKIII MR2 roadster which I'm keeping too - so all weather conditions/moods covered. If the 86 is as much fun as my MR2 has been will be very very happy. Hope to see some of you out and about on the roads - that's as long as I hide the key from my hubby..........
Please dont cross the Surrey border. That's my territory

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello to everyone who replied!! what great people we GT86 owners obviously are
- I too looked at the 370z nice car but I just didn't get the same buzz driving it as I got from the GT86 - might have had something to do with making the salesman go a funny colour when I shouted "there's no brakes!!" approaching a cross roads
How lucky are all of you who get your cars on the 1st - very envious.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
phee37 said:
Hello to everyone who replied!! what great people we GT86 owners obviously are
- I too looked at the 370z nice car but I just didn't get the same buzz driving it as I got from the GT86 - might have had something to do with making the salesman go a funny colour when I shouted "there's no brakes!!" approaching a cross roads
How lucky are all of you who get your cars on the 1st - very envious.
Errrheemmmm. (already got)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK even more envious of you lucky people who already have theirs - even if you do ban us from the boundaries of Surrey.......

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
phee37 said:
OK even more envious of you lucky people who already have theirs - even if you do ban us from the boundaries of Surrey.......
Fleet services meet up? Such a great location !!!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
SteveP said:
Wow finally someone from Hampshire! Fleet is always a good meet up! Let me know i'll bing one of our two demo's

Fleet is excellent for me too

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I still haven't got a date for picking up mine yet - hope it will be first weekend of September but still not confirmed - once I have would love to meet up, Fleet services is fine for me too.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
phee37 said:
I still haven't got a date for picking up mine yet - hope it will be first weekend of September but still not confirmed - once I have would love to meet up, Fleet services is fine for me too.

Looks like we may have a Surrey/Hants posse. We can hit KFC.
Looking forward to the big national meet up as well. That Welsh triangle piston heads drove looks great

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Sideways? said:
SteveP said:
Sideways? said:
and me!! Wanna set a date??

Next Saturday

Sorry mate are you busy that day??
I'm sure I could manage first thing in the morning, I'm not getting married until 1.30........
EXCELLENT!! You can take her a KFC as well

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.