GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im glad to have found a UK based GT86 forum. I lurk on the ft86 club but being focussed on the FR-S the GT86 gets forgotten a little.

Currently drive an 03 Celica T-Sport and haveordered a burntorange, manual with black leather and black alcantara. The orange may not to be everyones tastes but I think in some shots it looks beautiful and as this will be my last sports car before sensible family cars come along I wanted to make a statement :p

I have been dissapointed with the lack of knowledge the dealers have, I seem to know more than they do. Hopefully they will be more forthcoming in the future weeks. It seems Scion is REALLY pushing the boat out offering press events and pre-order events for USA customers. Perhaps we could push for the same?

Look forward to chatting with you all :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Welcome
Well done on placing an order, i'm holding off till i'vedrivenone.

Orange is the main colour they're using for the launch of the GT86, it's used in the brochures and on the Toyota site. Bet you can't wait?

I'm not decided yet..........red or silver in Auto with black leather and alcantara.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Yeah, im really excited for the launch. But getting a launch car means very little room to negotiate a good deal when the time comes. I wanted to get in there and order early and im due a new car. I thought if the delaers sell out of their allocation I could wait up to a year for one.

Im not sure about the red or silver. The red isnt metallic and the silver looks a bit "fleet car" to me from promo shots. But orange isnt everyones cup of tea either lol. I think its has to be black interior though, im not a fan of the inserts. I havnt really considered an auto box, if it was double clutch I may have but im not convinced (and the additional cost).

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'm fed up with gearchanging, lots of commuting driving, hence the auto. You're right about the double clutch gearboxes, so much better than a normal auto but only on VW/Audi's.

The grey looks good too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, I'm from teesside as well and have ordered the same spec car.

I couldn't decide on blue or orange so flipped a coin, orange won!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fair enough on the copious amounts of gearchanging lol. If it was a double clutch auto and not so expensive I may have went for it myself :)

Great to see another Teesside member Butski84 and another orange one at that! We'll have to meet up. Have you ordered from RMB Teesside?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just goes to prove the salesmen there really don't have a clue, they knew almost nothing about the car when I first went in to see them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Butski84 said:
Just goes to prove the salesmen there really don't have a clue, they knew almost nothing about the car when I first went in to see them.
Your telling me, I had to tell the guy that you need to hold down the VSC and Traction for three seconds to fully turn it off. If he didn't know that then there isn't much point in discussing further features with them just yet

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your certainly right there.
I just dont understand it, surely to sell cars you must have an interest in them. And for Toyota as a brand to be launching a new sports car, you should be pumped as a salesman and want the latest gen to keep your customers informed and encourage them to buy through you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts