GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason Toyota Finance have just phoned me to say that the car I have ordered the dealer has just found to have leather seats so they want an extra £1600...
While the new vehicle order form doesnt list leather, on the receipt for my deposit it says GT86 Man/ leather.

Grey with Leather is what i asked the dealer for !!

How do I stand with this as its the dealers mistake & why didnt they call me !!!

ps I've just spent £300 on a private plate for a car i might not get now....

Edited by: MR2-Ian

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
new vehicle order form is the definitive document and forms your contract

it is their problem

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
so you want leather, but it wasn't included in the cost on the order form, but is listed on the receipt

is this the issue?

G

·
If they deliberately misled you in order to win the order then you may have a case.If it was a genuine mistake on their behalf, stump up for the leather.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
hmmm bit more tricky then, as the order is the order!

recently rejected a car where it didn't match the order form but did match the receipt...... so order form may be king!!

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I was under the impression that the leather interior gets installed once the cars land in the UK? I don't see how they can force it on you, unless it's a car already built and ready for sale here?

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I think all you can do is go bitch at the dealer and see what they're willing to do. I don't think having it on the deposit receipt is enough, but you may want to speak to consumer direct or CAB for some factual advice.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Insist on what you want.

Tell them you might consider if they go halves...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.