GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys can I really not open a window or passenger door from inside with the engine off? Was sitting digesting the manual and someone tapped on the window but could not openit or the door without engine on? Manual says something about assessory mode but not sure what that is or how to activate. any advice appreciated, and no I'm not blond just adverse to manuals!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can I also ask do you get the lights symbols coming up when side lights and normal lights are on or just the full beam light Indictator? I only get full beam Indictator is that right?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brilliant, thank you, who needs a manual with you guys around. haven't had a new car for 10 years so will soon get used to it being a little different!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fabulous, slightly frustrated not had time to play with it much yet hence only 50 miles but looking forward to the weekend, thought I might go play on the m25 for a bit via a few country lanes!very grateful to lordgrover for instant advice. Black is awesome great depth of colour and shine looks wicked especially with the red interior, great head turner parked outside the office! Feeling slightly smug right now .

·
Registered
39 Posts
I' m shocked that these vehicles are being handed over to you guys without even some of the basic controls like "How to cycle through the ignition" being demonstrated!!! Did the salesman show you anything to do with the car whatsoever???

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Most of them know Jack, go into a dealer and ask about the headlight washers, what the bonnets made from or about the auto dimming mirror and see what they say.

I don't know what % of their sales are '86s, maybe I'm being harsh, but I think quite a few of us on this forum could do a good training course for these sales people and triple their knowledge in 15 minutes, as Toyota has either not done it or it hasn't sunk in

Alec

·
Registered
855 Posts
Lol was wondering the same. Also cant seem to figure out how to set off the Hill start assist... something about it braking automaticly, till u move... yet, cant seem to make it go on no matter how much i provoke it... any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can assure you that the manufacturer has supplied all the info that the dealers need but unfortunately there seems to be salesman out there that just don't take the time to read it.

mikaelSE Is your GT an auto?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GT Lover said:
I' m shocked that these vehicles are being handed over to you guys without even some of the basic controls like "How to cycle through the ignition" being demonstrated!!! Did the salesman show you anything to do with the car whatsoever???
Im actually really pleased with the sales guys, they were very pleasant and helpful, it was totally my fault I was in a tearing hurry and didnt give them the time to fully explain everything, so really not their fault at all. I went back late yesterday for a more indepth overview which they were more than happy to give. Of course they may well have told me more at the time which went over my head in my excitement just to drive the car!!

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Kodename47 said:
MikaelSE said:
Can'tseem to figure out how to set off the Hill start assist... something about it braking automaticly, till u move... yet, cant seem to make it go on no matter how much i provoke it... any ideas anyone?
I've been trying this too, but no idea mate.
I didnt even realise the car had it! So its supposed to hold the brake when your on a hill while you get on the throttle????

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
855 Posts
Excactly... And its specified on my invoice... since i missed out on the navi not being on there, i went over it a bit more closely.. and it IS on there.. just no clue how it works... maybe that should be my project of the day... read the manual, and test things... hehe

·
Registered
223 Posts
MikaelSE said:
Excactly... And its specified on my invoice... since i missed out on the navi not being on there, i went over it a bit more closely.. and it IS on there.. just no clue how it works... maybe that should be my project of the day... read the manual, and test things... hehe

I had no idea about this either - let us know how you get on - assume you are not talking about Autos?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.