GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new memeber here from the london area, just back from my local toyota dealer, had a good look over the car & think the car looks fantastic from the outside, was abit disappointed with the inside but...

still got a test drive booked for tomorrow though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
Welcome.

So you'll be getting yours soon then!! (Note: That's a statment, not a question).


My only gripe with the insides is the lack of lighting on one or two buttons. Why oh Why oh Why!!!!!! They get used at night too!!!!!!

Seems to be a Toyota failing as I had unlit buttons on my previous car.


Enjoy the test drive.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
I agree with Musketeer. You'll be ordering one 0.1 seconds after you finish the test drive!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone really looking forward to the test drive tomorrow, I've owned a few toyotas in the past, corrola gti,celica & two mk2 MR2s.
can i ask have many of you used toyotas finance deals, I dont have 30k in my back pocket so cant buy the car outright
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
the salesman will try to push pcp,its the deal where you have 3 years finance with a final payment or hand the car back,i went for a personal loan,managed to find 5.8%.but everyone has different finances i suppose,just do the maths,dont rush into anything,watch out for flat rate quotes they are just about double annual percentage rates(apr).


Edited by: tank commander
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back from the test drive very impressed with the handling of the car & how quiet it was,had to drive the auto as the manual was lent out but might go back later today...


Bit upset with the lack of an offer, just glasses guide price for mine & nothing off the new car so off to another dealer later see what i can get...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,230 Posts
I got £650 more for my Celica from my dealer in Macc compared to the dealer in Nottingham

I just went in and told them both whoever gives me the best offer for the trade in is likely to get the sale

Your in London so should have quite a few to choose from, put the onus on them, "Why should you spend your money with them ?"

Other things worth trying, ask for example would they do : model GT86, keyring/pen, free SuperGuard, Mudflaps, parking sensors, free oil/filter change after 1000 miles, spare wheel ?

Go on, print out a list with your details on and what freebies that would interest you and just leave it with the salesman at a number of dealers, then see which one really wants the sale and gets back to you.

If they don't get back to you they are probably worth avoiding, might be worth putting a date on the list stating when you want them to contact you by.

AlecEdited by: keelerad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,716 Posts
I went with the Toyota 6.9% APR PCP deal. Did have a quick look around at loans and other private PCP deals and nothing was too close, loans were way out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,526 Posts
Ratzart said:
gt_sjo said:
I went with the Toyota 6.9% APR PCP deal. Did have a quick look around at loans and other private PCP deals and nothing was too close, loans were way out.
Tesco Finance ...5.9%

That is likely to be advertised rate and not what you will actually get sorry but thats how they get people to sign up for their loans...
 

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
Joined
·
4,869 Posts
Celica66 said:
Ratzart said:
gt_sjo said:
I went with the Toyota 6.9% APR PCP deal. Did have a quick look around at loans and other private PCP deals and nothing was too close, loans were way out.
Tesco Finance ...5.9%

That is likely to be advertised rate and not what you will actually get sorry but thats how they get people to sign up for their loans...
All depends on credit rating and income/outgoings. I got offered 5.9% with Sainsburys. Didn't take it though. If you need a small amount and can persuade the dealer to let you use credit card there are some good 0% deals. Again you need good earning power to get a big limit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,716 Posts
GT86Owner said:
If you need a small amount and can persuade the dealer to let you use credit card there are some good 0% deals. Again you need good earning power to get a big limit.

I was looking to do this. With about 25k of available credit I was trying to pay for half the car on cards but unfortunately none of them had any dealers on purchases or cash advances.
 

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
Joined
·
4,869 Posts
gt_sjo said:
GT86Owner said:
If you need a small amount and can persuade the dealer to let you use credit card there are some good 0% deals. Again you need good earning power to get a big limit.

I was looking to do this. With about 25k of available credit I was trying to pay for half the car on cards but unfortunately none of them had any dealers on purchases or cash advances.
Nationwide had a 0%/18months. They take your salery and give you up to 20% as allowance if you have no other unsecured loans..... My delaer would only let me put £4k on credit card though. They said that usually they only allow £1.5k because they want oyu to take finance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,716 Posts
Aye. Well i'm still in a position where I can change how I intend to pay for the vehicle. The finance has been 'approved' but that doesn't mean I have to make use of it. If I get some time this week I may have a look around at alternatives, but 6.9% APR isn't that bad and that is for PCP - I don't want a bank loan for the whole amount as that will push the monthly payments higher than I want at the moment.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top