GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, bought my GT last week and being delivered to my home next week. The car had only been in the showroom 3days and we agreed to have it registered on the new plate next week ready for delivery.
I previously owned the standard Celica then the Gen7 GT which I loved. Paul (my husband) and I live 2 miles from Santapod and have attended some of the Jap shows as he owned a MKll MR2 then an Evo Vll also.

Really looking forward to it arriving and gone for the Metalic orange with all extras except graphic stripes.
Cheers
Mel

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Hello and Welcome, so have you brought an actual showroom model, has Toyota lifted the embargo now?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya,

I was offered a blue one for a couple of weeks time with one dealer but went back to the dealer I have used with my previous two Toyota's and managed to get the one in the showroom.
I don't believe the embargo has been lifted and was sold by mistake and the Manager made some calls explaining what had happened and it was okay'd (not sure i was meant to know about this or what the policy is once the paperwork was already signed and deposit paid)!

Sorry Not had chance to look through forum properly yet so, what about you do you have your or waiting?

I'm really looking forward to getting it as I've just been through a course of chemotherapy and now have something to look forward to.

Mel

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
You have plenty to look forward too!Had my grey 2 weeks and a bit and use any excuse to drive her (I'm not doing well on the MPG so far, just under 30
). Hope you are on the mend and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I order mine back mid July in white and seriously can't wait, mine arrives next week sometime but I can't actually pick it up till the start of Oct due to insurance issues

Oh and best of luck with the Chemo, my brother-in-law is going through the stuff too and he's slowly getting used to it! The GT-86 will definitely cheer you up

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm sure you're going to love the car. Mine was ordered back end of July and it's due in just over three weeks time now.

Take a peek at the Date Ordered - Date Due thread in the Order Forum as most people's cars are listed there. Several have just got their cars and more are due once we get into September. September will be a very good month for lots of us here...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Welcome to the land of dreams Mel.

Yay! Another orange one.

Members have gradually been receiving their GTs, but there are still many of us out there waiting. I'm due to get mine on Saturday, but it still hasn't arrived at the dealer's yet. Some people have had to wait months and months for theirs so the 2 week wait you have got is nothing.

And here's to your recovery.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome Mel and really pleased you managed to get such a quick turnaround on a gt, very good to cheer you up at moment I am sure! I am due on 13th, ordered a black one with all the bits barring decals. Frustrated at moment coz I can't figure out what ship my car is on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.