GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first post and first time owner of a GT86, or I will be when I pick it up on Friday 馃榿
I had really set my heart on a brand new GR auto in red, but like many stood little or no chance of getting one.
But I have found (what I think) may be the next best thing.
2021 pro auto, in red, 1 owner with only 3k on the clock.
OK, it's from a Toyota main dealer, so I have probably paid over the odds for it, but having taken it for a test drive, I fell in love in about 5 minutes.
Planning on keeping it long term, with the only mods expected to be tinted rear windows and maybe a bit of badge removal.
I'll post some pics once I've picked her up.

Registered
Sounds great Ivan!

I imagine the week will pass very slowly!

Badge removal? The cars do come with a lot of badges on the boot lid. And a lot of owners do customise the boot to suit their tastes. I personally prefer a bootlid void of everything but the central badge. You could spend some of the week seeing what other owners have done with regards to de-badging.

Looking forward to some photos!

Reactions: IvanDP

Registered
Hi and welcome Ivan.

I鈥檓 with Subota Boy, clean rear end with just the main Toyota badge (I changed mine for a black one for a slightly tidier look)
Also had the rear windows tinted which was the 1st thing I did to mine and I was impressed how much difference it made. Gives the car a more higher end look IMO.

Anyways, welcome / you got yourself a good fun car with the 86 wherever it takes you!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys (y)
Badge wise, mine only has the central rear Toyota badge and the GT86 badge on the left, so only 1 badge to remove really.
Had a call from the dealer this afternoon, it'll be in my grubby little hands 10am Friday!!! 馃榿

Registered
Welcome bud, only just joined myself. Picked mine up end of last month. I'm in the same boat regarding the badges. I have Toyota emblem up top, Toyota text to the left and GT86 to the right. They really went overboard with the badges! I'm thinking of just getting rid of the Toyota text logo on the left. The font doesn't even match. Makes my eyes twitch.

Enjoy Friday pick up (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought my first accessory for the car today 馃榿
I've always wanted a personal number plate, but whenever I have looked they have been stupidly expensive due to people with my name, or anyone with a van.
In the right place at the right time by the looks of it and snagged one.

Registered
In the end, after de-badging, I went for the KUHL RACING emblem, which appropriately signifies a twisty road. I often get asked what make of car it is. Not so good when they think it's a Hyundai.

Reactions: IvanDP and Craig82

Registered
Excellent. Looks great!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, the first couple of bits have been done to the car.
Nothing at all radical, but to me make a difference.
First thing was to plug the sound tube in the cabin. This was a necessity as without it, I would have never got the good lady out in it again :ROFLMAO:
I went down the 22mm plug route (thanks to the folks on here for that thread) amazing what 拢1.85 can do to the car lol
Second one does nothing at all to the car, but seeing her with a personal number plate on it gives me a big smile.
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts