GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Another joiner here saying hello....
Finally getting back to Japanese Car ownership after a very long absence of 14 years - when i was younger, dafter and owned a mk4 Supra - (which i took to Single).
Went to look at the new mk5 - didn't like it - and instead walked away with my deposit on the '86.

it's a club sport blue - and pictures will be coming shortly.

Already thinking about a few subtle visual mod's. Only issue i have is the car doesn't like my wife and wont unlock the passenger door to let her in ! i need to open and unlock it myself ! (any ideas welcome as i need her onside for the mods !)

cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,635 Posts
Welcome to the club oldSkool,look forward to the pics of your new set of wheels. Regarding unlocking the passenger door, double clicking the unlock button on the key fob works on the older cars. Not sure if it's the same for yours?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Double click should work but its super annoying. If you look in the glove box there is a keypad for the alarm. If you do a google you should find out the button press to make it unlock both door if I remember correct?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The keyless entry is set up as standard to only unlock the door the person with the key has got their hand in the handle of. You can change the setting so it unlocks both doors.

I think the owner's manual tells you how to toggle between the door unlock settings.

Ages since I changed it but to change the setting I recall it being something simple to do but far from obvious. It's something like sit inside the car, leave the door open, press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob for about 5-10 seconds until you hear a beep/2 beeps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, i'm scouring the owners manual and as yet no luck ! It's a minor thing so not too worried.
Lovely day yesterday - ideal for a good drive and instead .... work ! :(

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Welcome OldSkool. Enjoy!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts