GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I've ordered myself a GT86 and am well excited about it's delivery in November :) will be scouring the forum for advice on keeping it a beautiful as when I get it and also winter tyre to keep it on the road ( It's snowing right now in Aberdeen city
)

G

·
Cassiepod said:
Hi there, I've ordered myself a GT86 and am well excited about it's delivery in November :) will be scouring the forum for advice on keeping it a beautiful as when I get it and also winter tyre to keep it on the road ( It's snowing right now in Aberdeen city
)
STOP!</font>

Scouring new cars is fairly bad for the paint.

A gentle foam with a lambswool mitt is preferred.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd got the lambwool mitt bit of car cleaning, I do enjoy cleaning mycar but have never ever (yet) given it the attention to details that you guys do!
Spec, there's not much to choose
red paint, leather seats and sat nav :) beginning to wonder about the red, but the choice is made now. So long as it's better than the red pain on my little alfa, life will be good.

Thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Welcome and congrats.

CEL stands for Check Engine Light, do a search or look in the faults section to find out why it appears!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Though if you read more you will also note that all new cars will now have an ECU update designed to fix the issue.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hi Cassie and welcome to these forums. I'm just about 120 miles south of you so it seems like they are beginning to get a bit more common up here! These forums are a great source of information for us all. Enjoy!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hi Cassie. Keep going West from you and you'll find me and my orange manual leather GT86.

Remember don't just feed it stovies as our leek eating cousin suggested. You need to give it it's five a day. The odd deep fried Mars Bar or deep fried pizza will help. Good Scottish food also.

By the way I think my car must be faulty, as the CEL light doesn't come on????

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So long as i remember it drinks petrol I''ll be doing well. The whisky goes to me or the OH, not the car no matter how special!
I noticed there was a Scottish meet suggested elsewhere and I'd be well up for that once I get mine on 13th Nov (hopefully!).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.