GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my heated rear window on today, noticed that one of the heated strips in the botton 3rd of window wasn't clearing and when I touched it it wasn't warm like the rest. All the others work which seemswierd as I'd have thought if there was a break it would effect above or below it??
Anyone else had this or know where the electric connector is for the HRW? Any ideas or fix ideas welcome. Could it need a new rear window?

Another item for the list......

Fuel pump chirping (Garage looking into)
Dash Rattles
Heated Rear Window.

·
Registered
855 Posts
could be as simple as tthe line broken, would only affect that one line, not the rest. Can be fixed with a form of paint, or hopefully Toyota switches the whole heating segment

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MikaelSE said:
could be as simple as tthe line broken, would only affect that one line, not the rest. Can be fixed with a form of paint, or hopefully Toyota switches the whole heating segment
I'll ask the garage when I take the car there on Saturday morning. Got to go back a 2nd time regarding the chirping noise from fuel pump. Toyota Technical now want a sound clip of the chirping noise although a technician and sales manager have already listened to it two weeks ago and confirmed its not right.

Ho hum.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tank commander said:
i dont understand why they want to listen to the noise,its been a problem in the states for a year now.
The only thing i can think of is that the injectors make a noise that is normal and I guess they want to eliminate that before shelling out for a new fuel pump. The longer they leave it the more things are beingadded to my list of minor annoyances:

Chirping
Creaking dash
Heated rear window single element faulty
Condensation in rear light cluster.

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found the reason for the heated rear window strip not working. Small break in the element so I guess the dealer will use the conductive paint to fix.
Car goes in on 8/12 /12 for a whole week to sort:

New fuel pump to sort chirping.
Re-flash
Cure dash rattles
Fix heated rear window
rear light condensation
new drivers mat.

The dealer suggested a whole week so they can sort everything out without rushing. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GT-sjo - Don't have a pic it's just that it's worn dramatically (in dent and carpet worn) for the length of time I've had car. They put a claim in at dealers to TGB. Might get local car trimmers to stitch in a hardwearing heel pad next time.
GT86 owner - use me as an example to your dealer to speed things up. I go to Jemca Enfield.

These are all minor things to be honest just didn't want to keep going back to the dealer with every little fault so I'll get them done in one go. The rear light condensation and Mat don't even register as an issue with me but they can be done at the same time all the same. I've discreetly used some folded black card to lessen the rattle/creak around stereo until it goes in.

Great car and love driving it!

Edited by: en8wall

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Get them to speak to technical at Toyota GB and say they've already allowed a replacement fuel pump replacement on car at Jemca Enfield, so why not yours?
TGB made my dealer record the noise before they'd allow the repair. I took the USA service announcement to my dealers too. Just push them a bit.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
My dealer has also said they're waiting for an engineer from Toyota to come down and inspect a vehicle with the problem.

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
I jsut got an email from my dealers senior service advisor about whether these issues are reproducible and if so that I will need to leave it with them for 24hours. I am stuggling to see how it takes 24h to listen to a chirp and check the mats are damaged!

Anyway I sent the TSB from the US, mention en8wall and sent the videos I made a while back showing the chirp and idle variation. It seems they are not keen to update my ECU unless I have the idle issue - which I havent experienced since the made that video at 330miles.

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
566 Posts
This is very odd as all new cars automatically get the ECU update. I understood from previous posts that Toyota intended to update all cars eventually?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.