GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning everyone. Newbie here from Uk and just seeking some advice in the hope i can save some money.
I have owned my GT since summer last year and had no issues, until now.
Put in for MOT Thursday and it failed on drivers side headlight (cant believe I hadn't noticed)
I assumed bulb and ordered a new one which came yesterday and I replaced it but still no luck :(

What would you do now? Do I assume I need a new headlight?
The LED strip is working but no low or high beam (drivers side)
To order a new one, remove bumper and replace I am looking of upwards of 500£

2013 plate

Any help or advice greatly appreciated. I am ok with doing some jobs, have replaced break pads and done oil changes in the past but electrics are out of my comfort zone...

edit - i have tested the fuses
i will take the passenger side bulb out and test on drivers side today to confirm new bulb wasn't DOA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't forget that the HIDs have a ballast module, I would guess that this has failed. You can also swap these over as well though to test and prove. Can't remember if the lighting has relays due to the power consumption.
Cheers for replying mate. Iv been tinkering all day. I took the bumper off and connected the passenger side light to the driver side and it works so I am assuming the ballast module too.
The driver side headlight has condensation and marks on the inside which has always annoyed me so iv taken it as an opportunity to renew. Managed to find a chap with one for 200 which will be here on Wednesday so all being well everything should be done by the weekend. Wasn't going to do it myself but glad I have now, hate to imagine what a garage would of charged for diagnosis, bumper removal and replacement plus a new headlight :surprise:

Have certainly learned a lot about my GT today :grin:

Little tip for people buying second hand lights, a few sellers don't include the ballast so be careful. I nearly ordered one for similar price to what I paid and it didn't have ballast so would of been no good to me at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts