GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the headlight beams are adjustable to suit European motoring, or are "stick-on" beam deflectors the way to go when driving a GT86 in France ?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Good question, I like how you can change the speedo to display km/h, would be nice if there was a simple switch for the lights too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ob1kxb said:
nevermind, i get why u need them :) forgot for a sec you guys drive on the correct side of the road
You'll need them too if you travel the other way and visit the UK

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
cleloid said:
Can't we just paint the lenses yellow

It's not been a requirement for years to have yellow lenses in France.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sounds like a trip to Halfrauds for some stick-on beam benders then? Sure a friend had an Audi once that had some sort of switch behind the headlights to swtich them over. Maybe I imagined it!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nothing of any use on line and nothing in the manual. Just comments about beam benders "not working" with HIDs. What a pain in the arse. Hopefully my dealer can explain what to do tomorrow morning....

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I've just returned from my dealer. They know nothing of switches to adjust the light. We had a look and couldn't see anything.
He did point out the central dot which he said was used for applying the plastic beam bender.
When those beam benders come off, they leave a nice patch of glue behind, so you'll have to get some solvent to remove the stuff.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks for this. Wisdom of the Internet says to stick a round beam bender centrally over the dot. And I know about the glue. My dealer knows about as much as I do (again).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyone know if the headlamplenses are glass or plastic ?- happy to use somemeths or other solventto remove residual beam bender stickyness from glass headlamp lenses, but wouldn't want to use the wrong stuff on a plastic headlamplens and find itthe lens meltingat the same timeas removing the glue.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.