GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered today from Cambridge dealer, I was surprised they don't seem to have many pre-orders despite excellent reviews. Delivery in July hopefully.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent - you'll have to keep us updated with delivery and build date news. Exciting times

·
Registered
90 Posts
I ordered mine the second week of march and was promised delivery for July, I was a little surprised that mine was only the third order from the dealer allocation of 9 for the year, I suppose everyone else is being commendably cautious but hey, you only live once!

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Ian - welcome to the site. Seems a lot are being cautious at the moment and most still like to see one 'in the flesh' before putting the money down. Everyone I've talked to reckons it will be a big success so I think once it's in showrooms we'll start to see long waiting lists.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just wish they were a bit more organised and had more info. The USand Japanlanuch is pretty much done now. To be fair the Jap and US launches have been amazing, so much PR going on. I bet we get nothing like this here.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
The UK has been shocking.

When they released prices of extras, they forget to add the cost of metallic and pearl paints. I emailed toyota UK through the blog and a day later they updaed it.

Also earlier, I emailed them saying that they forgot to mention a key selling point on the toyota uk GT 86 website: ITS REAR WHEEL DRIVE!! A couple days later they updated the wedsite with a small sentance:

Toyota's all new sports car combines the impressive pull of its 200 DIN
hp 2.0 litre engine with a rear wheel drive and</font> a kerb weight of just
1,240kg. The result is a hugely engaging drive: a vehicle that can be
driven as an extension of the driver's body. This is a true sports car,
and one that can be enjoyed every day.

To me toyota uk seem like they dont know how to launch a car like this.....

Having said that if its a slow start and sales pick up after release, you know what will happen to the value of 1yr old cars ;)

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Ordered mine in Jan/Feb (cant quite remember as I was massively hung over and feeling reckless). Just been told to expect it any time between June 13 and June 28th. I'm guessing nearing the latter. Dark Gray, All black leather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

Ive been with Toyot anow for the last 10 years and an currently based at Jemca Toyota in Croydon.

Please dont hesitate to contcat myself if you have any queries or questions!

Jemca Toyota

602 Purley way,

Croydon

CR04RF

0208 649 5959

[email protected]

As you may know, there are set allocations for the GT86 throughout the Toyotadealer network so if you are looking to order one, you'll need to get you skates on!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi everyone

mine is ordered in black with the red/black interior options, plus sat nav
not been given a date for deliver yet but advised possibly end of July. Interesting to see peoples colour choices

1 - 20 of 46 Posts