GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine's called 'Tripple Ecks' because the registration number has three X's in it.
I did consider 'Pumpkin'.

Have you named yours yet? If so, please do tell.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mike_89 said:
Mines called Darcy for no particular reason.

Mike thanks for naming your car after me.. im touched (surname is darcy) first you choose the same spec, we had the same delivery date, then you name her after me

my missus calls her Kara, but i prefer blizzy, because of the number plate

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I call mine 'The MLC'. You get a brucey bonus if you guess what it means

·
Registered
877 Posts
rich172 said:
Mike_89 said:
Mines called Darcy for no particular reason.

Mike thanks for naming your car after me.. im touched (surname is darcy) first you choose the same spec, we had the same delivery date,  then you name her after me 

my missus calls her Kara, but i prefer blizzy, because of the number plate 
Now that's just weird

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sure have.
I will be calling mine FRODO in memory of my favourite pet Bunny Boy, FRODO, who died last year.

Also bought the registration to match - FR 62 ODO.

·
Registered
397 Posts
So was thinking Darth Vader (if thats how its spelt!) (black car) but not too keen on the dark side and a bit of a mouthful so was going with wombat! Only thing is its not sounding very sleek and elegant like the car. So any suggestions folks? Answers on a post card....!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'll be calling mine SK54ADK and I've got the number plate to match ! It's a car !

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry keelerad I have to disagree and I think many others here will too, it is not just 'a car'.
It's a statement.
It's a ....... (complete as required)

Edited by: FRODO

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
FRODO said:
Sorry keelerad I have to disagree and I think many others here will too, it is not just 'a car'.
It's a statement.
It's a ....... (complete as required)
It's a fun car granted, its a pretty car and probably the best car I've ever owned, but I see no more reason to name it than I would my X-Box or my laptop.

I never did get anthropomorphising inanimate objects, any other of the engineers/techies on here name their cars ?

Maybe its me and it's the reason why I don't want to wash and cherish it, I want to use it rather than love it ?

Alec

·
Registered
877 Posts
splerb said:
So was thinking Darth Vader (if thats how its spelt!) (black car) but not too keen on the dark side and a bit of a mouthful so  was going with wombat!   Only thing is its not sounding very sleek and elegant like the car.  So any suggestions folks?  Answers on a post card....!
I was originally thinking Darth Vader for mine too! It's black at has a pointy out chin, but decided that's too nerdy and settled for Darcy

·
Registered
566 Posts
I completely agree with Alec's sentiments:
"I don't name it, I don't want to wash it, I don't care if I get crap MPG, it's a sports car for driving!"

Except that I would like someone else to wash it for me
. They just don't look so good dirty!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
malcolmgt86 said:
I completely agree with Alec's sentiments:
"I don't name it, I don't want to wash it, I don't care if I get crap MPG, it's a sports car for driving!"

Except that I would like someone else to wash it for me
.  They just don't look so good dirty!

I did part with £6 for some elbonians (see Dilbert) to remove the dead flies and sworl the paint on mine, but that was after 1400 miles.

AlecEdited by: keelerad

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.