GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to race you or tail gated you?

I have a fella in a Merc C Class tailgating and mouthing words at me. I just carried on driving as usual and came to a round about. I went right he went left, but I looked in the mirror and saw him mouthing obscenities.... It was a pimped up C Class. No idea what model.

Other than that it just general head turning....

Has another on here been in a similar situation in their GT86?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Had an AudiS3 race me off the lights whilst I was running in - did stab the throttle a little which made him floor it and then let up in second gear whilst he disappeared into the distance -, was also tailgated by someone in a 53 plate E55 AMG who horsed it passed me - I was driving normally - Its gonna happen with the GT86 as it looks the business...

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Use an old Jedi mind - trick:Lure them onto a twisty road !

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Senna said:
Use an old Jedi mind - trick:Lure them onto a twisty road !
Haha must admit I smoked an A4 today coming out of a roundabout. I was the perfect distance as I entered the round about, gathered speed and floored comming off right behind him onto a dual carrageway. Must have been donig 20MPH faster than the A4 as he puffed smoke out trying to stop me going around the outside
I'm still a child at heart....

·
Registered
655 Posts
1st roundabout usually separates Hachiroku from the poseurs!

I did exchange smiles with a guy with an impressively Islamic beard in an MX-5, who tagged along with me for a couple of roundabouts. But as you might expect, it was all terribly good-natured.

It does turn heads though.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
ICantAffordAnLFA said:
yep ( and really
)

... No wonder your tyres melted, trying to escape from that Lancia!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Took mine up the off ramp today,with TC off slightly... :p MUUUCH better grip than thee MX5 Ever managed...

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Sean_C said:
Subaru WRX in Milton Keynes.  

I let him win - for now.
Let them win...

It just makes them feel more insecure, knowing they drive a less satisfying car...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I've had people slow up behind me then pull up alongside me and stare but no one wanting a race.
When I'm on a dual carraigeway I drive nice and sensible and I had two guys in a BMW overtake me looking at the car yesterday and they turned off the A10 in front of me at the junction where I was going too. As we came down the exit route to another roundabout I gave it a little blast, went past them then threw it round a roundabout in VSC with the a*se out a tad. Thats what a GT86 is for.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
en8wall said:
I've had people slow up behind me then pull up alongside me and stare but no one wanting a race.  
When I'm on a dual carraigeway I drive nice and sensible and I had two guys in a BMW overtake me looking at the car yesterday and they turned off the A10 in front of me at the junction where I was going too.  As we came down the exit route to another roundabout I gave it a little blast, went  past them then threw it round a roundabout in VSC with the a*se out a tad.  Thats what a GT86 is for.
Excellent post

As they say it's not all about power

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sean_C said:
Subaru WRX in Milton Keynes.  

I let him win - for now.
Milton Keynes has to about the ultimate rainy day out for us... 200yds roundabout.... 400yds roundabout, 300yds roundabout, 300yds roundab.... And so on. Best visited in the wet!!!!

1 - 20 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.