GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

361 - 375 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sound advice....I'll look up Drive the Deal. Thanks for the help & the numbers you put there have me convinced. Worth suffering the wait of one month for the extra bit of kit!

·
Registered
624 Posts
As Toyota messed up the calculations for my finance agreement, and I pointed out that the two final prices differed they gave me GardX or supaguard paint protection for the time i repay the car or life cant remember and also 1 years write off cover... Not amazing considering I couldn't even get them to cover a full tank of fuel.... but at least my RED paint if covered in the event it starts to fade.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got quite a nice deal. Used carwow as a lever, and got the dealer to beat the best carwow price by over £500, so total of just over 16% off list. Was quite happy with that, was probably helped by the fact that I wasn't intending to buy! So nearly walked away a couple of times.

Strategy I used was not mentioning carwow to start. They had 100x100x100 deal, so did test drive then got them to quote offer price, then said ah ok, well it's not a great offer, then into carwow conversation. Basically said I wasn't in a hurry, happy to wait a few months.

Ended up very happy with the deal, although I did buy a new car which I didn't intend to - whoops!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
The whole point of the 100x offer (Steven Eagell) is that it's supposed to be £100 above their cost, so if they knocked further cash off it just proves what a scam it really is :(

Congrats on the purchase though :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
i just did the same carwow thing. local dealer was the best price on carwow so I went in and dropped that into the conversation after the "best " price was mentioned. They were a little put off that it came from them but immediately matched it and threw in service and a reversing camera. new blue edition satnav sports pack reversing radar etc. £5k off. Problem is I have a 3 month wait and the current GT86 is being part ex'ed so I need to be careful over winter in case I bump it. well a little bit careful :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
How did you get them to add a reversing camera . It’s not an option when you build the car. I am waiting for the last 3 months for my blue edition.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I got my MY17 at the old price. I ordered it in Aug and was told March delivery ... but in the meantime the switched to produce the new model and prices went up.

All along Subaru said it would be the old model so both the dealer and I got a nice surprise!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
I got my MY17 at the old price. I ordered it in Aug and was told March delivery ... but in the meantime the switched to produce the new model and prices went up.

All along Subaru said it would be the old model so both the dealer and I got a nice surprise!!
These happy stories make you chuckle after reading all the dealer issues people are facing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dealer was also going to include DAB/SatNav upgrade ... but when new model came out, the headunit shape changed so the old type didn't fit.

The new hu was significantly more expensive ... so we came to a mutually agreed arrangement ... ie I paid a bit more towards it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I got 11% Discount off the fully optioned up price on mine. Mindy you that was 2015 and I've only just seen this thread....

361 - 375 of 375 Posts