GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Has anyone no matter how small got anything off list price for either car or any options?

Anyone manage a freebie?

Anyone manage a unique finance deal not normally available?

Just a thread to see if anyone here should be on the Apprentice?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've heard there are no discounts at all allowed on the car. I think en8wall got the super guard for free. I will be trying for free mud flaps as it should have them already.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also tried but was told by my dealers that Toyota themselves have forbidden any sort of discounts whatsoever on this car

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
DoogleDog said:
I also tried but was told by my dealers that Toyota themselves have forbidden any sort of discounts whatsoever on this car
That's right, no dealers allowed any discounts at all. I'd booked to see two local dealers and when I placed an order with one the other asked if i'd been given a discount when I blew them out.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I have same issue as NO deals at all tO be had
Not very good pr for Toyota is it

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I hope I can speak for everyone that placed an order for new GT86 when I say we are happy to pay full price and even live with NO discount if Toyota could stick to confirmed delivery dates for our cars and not keep moving the dates backwards because of issues with extras as they have had 6 years to get prepared for this launch and that sucks noater which way you look at it

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Celica66, I couldnt agree more. Discounts just arent on my agenda. It's a bloody fantastic deal as it is for the car you are getting. My one big bug bear with new cars over the years have been floor mats. Never paid for them, absolutely refuse. Standard on the GT86 as they should be on all cars. It's a simple thing but gets my goat up. And he likes his naps.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Too true
Just give us a straight price with all the goodies included then at least you know what you are getting for your money
Just want the car not extra,s Luke sat nav or parking sensors
Anyway we all agree it is wOrth waiting for the car at least

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
TBucket said:
Celica66, I couldnt agree more. Discounts just arent on my agenda. It's a bloody fantastic deal as it is for the car you are getting. My one big bug bear with new cars over the years have been floor mats. Never paid for them, absolutely refuse. Standard on the GT86 as they should be on all cars. It's a simple thing but gets my goat up. And he likes his naps.
Tbucket

Thanks for the info that mats come with the car, howdid you find this out???

My dealer had added £75 Delivery Pack (Mats & £20 fuel) tomy invoice as the mats aren't normally included. I've just emailled him to point out the £55 error.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah thanks for the heads up on that I didnt know the mats came with it either cheers

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It's in the new full brochure they sent me last week. Floor mats with GT86 logo - standard. Download it from the Toyota website and take it in and show them. Cheeky buggers

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It's on page 30, in the comfort section

·
Registered
123 Posts
great, thank you I have the new brochure, just not spotted the mats

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Seriously. What a bunch of sharks!! Everyone just arm yourself with a brochure and head in there!!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Think we can all push for rear mud flaps as well if they are leaving holes open to elements and rust!!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Good point. I will certainly be checking. And how much is the badge worth?

1 - 20 of 375 Posts