GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't, and can't see how it's humanely possible. I'm only 5'8 tall and even I have to have the seat far enough back to make it impossible for anyone to sit behind me, unless they have no legs 😂.

·
Registered
14 plate Black GT86
25 Posts
I haven't, and can't see how it's humanely possible. I'm only 5'8 tall and even I have to have the seat far enough back to make it impossible for anyone to sit behind me, unless they have no legs 😂.
@tomlee80 … TBH haven’t carried adult passengers but couple of teenagers (14 years olds) didn’t have any issues at the back on a journey that lasted a couple of hours … me and missus are around 5’5 so there was a bit more space to squeeze their legs in 🤪

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I had, full size adults at that. It should only be used in emergencies and for short distances, as even 5-10km distances can tire everybody a lot. Both people in front, that have to sit in moved too far to front seats, so sitting in non ergonomic pose, and obviously ones in back, that need to awkwardly place their legs and have their head lowered to not bang on rear window.
Rear seats are for only (small) children, but in general i consider rear seats only as some placeholder that covers opening to larger boot space (useful to carry full four wheel set to track for example :) ) or to put on them some small luggage you don't want to bring to trunk itself or don't want to fly around mostly empty trunk. Just two people at front have wonderful comfortable seating. If you frequently enough require more, "you have bought wrong car" :).

·
Registered
472 Posts
My Mrs has been in the back of mine. She's a Borrower though, so it was ok.

• Haha
Reactions: tomlee80

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Drivers tend to sit too far backwards. There is a rule I still use: with the shoulders against the seat your wrists should rest easily on the top of the steering wheel. Then the seat behind the driver has more space than the other one.
The floormats in the rear are too thick which leaves little room for your feet , especially on the passenger side which is lower, so I replaced them by thin floormats. Then there should be enough room for your feet. The second narrow part is around the knees. For young children that is not such a problem because their feet are above the front edge , but as they grow there is a whole period where they have to keep their legs above that edge. That lasts until they can put their feet on the ground. The final uncomfortable part is the roof. People sit with their head against the rear window.
Apart from the sitting bit there is also the getting in and out bit. Mostly though it is all relative. It is not comfortable and you can't move about but you can sit in there for a longer drive if you aren't too tall.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes, both my wife and nephew have been in the back of mine, I cheated though as wasn't at the same time (have only ever been 3 up). Wife is about 5"3 who was in with her Mum (similar height).

That was for about 40 miles and I remember feeling relieved there were no complaints.....

Nephew was probably about 5"8 , sat behind his Mum who's 5"2🙂.

In short 😃, it's a passable 3 seater if you're average height but your passengers are below ....

Reactions: tomlee80

·
Registered
472 Posts
Eh?

Oh thanks Urban Dictionary 🙂
There was a film about them it starred John Goodman and Jim Broadbent amongst others. My Mrs had a cameo.

Reactions: MR2

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
As already mentioned the rear seats are 'useable' in the instance that most occupants of the car are relatively short or if its an emergency. Anyone up to 5ft9" can fit in the back without hitting their head but legroom becomes an issue.

I've driven 25 miles with myself my dad and 2 brothers (6ft, 6ft2, 5ft10, 5ft9) none of use were in any particular comfort and I'd consider it dangerous, there would have been a few broken legs in the event of a crash since all our knees were touching various places of the car.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have it as a 3 seater. I have carried an adult in the back but mostly its my boy who gets in there and has no issues either getting in / out or sitting there. He prefers this car to our other family car, an SUV :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have it as a 3 seater.....
Yeah, as above I think it generally works quite well for 3, so I suppose that in terms of passenger capacity it's sort of the spiritual successor to the Matra Murena 😃 (as featured in the latest Grand Tour episode) that I remember gawping at in a dealer in my youth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts