GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, never had a new car before - anyway noticed a lot greenish grease like stuff on the engine - I'm assuming this is some sort of protection however want to be sure there is not a loose hose or other problem!

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
I think it's just to stop corrosion and the like when the car is shipped and in storage.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
cleloid said:
Hi Guys, never had a new car before - anyway noticed a lot greenish grease like stuff on the engine - I'm assuming this is some sort of protection however want to be sure there is not a loose hose or other problem!

I saw this on my demonstrator. Nothing to worry about but not particularly aesthetically pleasing...

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's just something that Subaru puts on all their enginesfor protection.
Unfortunately it doesn't wear offf and I ended up cleaning it off my STi engine as road muck ended up sticking to it and looked gross

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's anti corrosion protection. After all the cars been lashed to the deck of a ship all the way from Japan. Think of all that salt spray to protect against.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You do know that they are transported in containers?

Don't think any of us would want cars that had spent 6 weeks at sea just strapped to the deck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts