GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone,

A little about myself: Until nearly two years ago I used to drive an MR2 every day (Had two over a total of thirteen years - One Red, one Silver/Black) but unfortunately got to work one day and the MR2 died on me - It was going to cost too much to repair at the time and I had to use what I'd started saving for my next car (was going to be a BMW Z4) on something to get me to work and back so I've been driving a 1.4 Fiesta since then and every day I've missed the MR2.

So, when I heard that Toyota were likely releasing a new sports car, I signed up to get details thinking that'd be good in a few years (when I'd saved a bit more). Got the brochures, wandered into a local dealer one free lunch time a fortnight ago and had a natter... Got a test drive booked for a week later, went back and had the test drive; absolutely loved it. Thought about it overnight and worked through some figures to see if I could actually afford it and went back first thing the next morning and placed my order.

Have gone for the Orange GT86 Manual with the Leather trim with red stitching. Estimated delivery is the end of September so I'm now eagerly waiting for news and its arrival. Massively excited to be getting a decent car again and the car felt so natural after about 10 mins into the test drive I just had to get one.

Hope to pop in here every now and then and chat and discuss. Great to see a place for GT86 fans here in the UK.

Here's a photo I took of the showroom model the day I went in and ordered mine (something to remind me while I wait for the car to arrive).

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Welcome dude!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yes, it's a mixture of building anticipation and please can't I have the car now???!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Orange (or Ginger!) has really grown on me. Would be my second choice now. And everyone has to have a fiesta in their lives at some point!

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,867 Posts
Dan said:
Hi and welcome to the club

I'd be wanting it even more if I knew I had a 1.4 Fiesta until then
My daily driver at the moment is a 101BHP Swift! Although I am keeping it as the Daily Drive when I get my 8-6 in Sept. Just for the weekends

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
TBucket said:
And everyone has to have a fiesta in their lives at some point!

Didn't have a Fiesta but does a KA count?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dan said:
Hi and welcome to the club

I'd be wanting it even more if I knew I had a 1.4 Fiesta until then
Can't fault your logic there.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GT86Owner said:
My daily driver at the moment is a 101BHP Swift! Although I am keeping it as the Daily Drive when I get my 8-6 in Sept. Just for the weekends
I intend to keep the Fiesta for the few weeks a year when the weather is a bit dodgy (Snow and black ice) and for places where I'm not happy to leave a brand new GT86 in a car park for a day.

To be honest the trade in for a nearly ten year old Fiesta would be so little (a grand at best) that it's more use to me as a second car for the above reasoning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts