GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 8 weeks since I placed my order so I decided to go back for another test drive. Having read other peoples opinions I wanted to check some things out. This test was in a white one. Straight away I was annoyed. The colour was very bright and sparkly. When I sat down the seats hugged me and made me feel I was in some sort of sporty car. This wasnt looking good. I got to take it out by myself this time but unfortunately this made me smile. There was this loud noise from the engine as I put the foot down and I almost broke my neck as I got flung back into my seat. Without the distraction of a person beside me I was forced to focus on my driving. Now on the damp road I didnt really want to slip the clutch and set the tail end out at the roundabout but this damn car was making me. I was being forced to drive like an animal possessed. A rather annoying clio was keeping me back and again I was forced to drop down a gear and zip past. By now I was having way too much fun on my own... Not something a mature man should be doing. There was a smell of heat as I stepped out at the dealers. All in all this was so disappointing that MINE is NOT here yet. Oh and I tried to reset the mpg before I left it back. A disappointing 9mpg. Home now and sick as a parrot. No more test drives for me.....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick Graves said:
:D

Isn't "annoying Clio" tautology, though?
I needed to use the two words to make it clear it was the manner in which the clio was being driven, not the clio itself. Although many might have left out the word annoying lol.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I find Cléos pretty bland. I have nothing against them as they provide a good entry point for youngsters who want to 'mod' their pride and joy. (What happened to 'Customising' your car?)

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Musketeer said:
I find Cléos pretty bland. I have nothing against them as they provide a good entry point for youngsters who want to 'mod' their pride and joy. (What happened to 'Customising' your car?)
Finding everything bland at the moment

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
A normal Clio maybe but an RS Clio is definitely not bland!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Whaaaaaat, where's a shaky fist when you need one,why i oughta

Bespoke body panels rather than stick on parts, wide arches, front and rear diffusers, if thats bland....whats a Golf? And the performance of a Clio is definitely not bland! You'd be surprised as to how many non youngsters actually own RS Clio's!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I can't comment on the performance of the Clio, or the Golf. To me, they just look bland and unexciting. I would never buy either of those models on looks.
I have a stock Auris SR. It looks bland too, but I didn't buy it for its looks.

Oh. And thanks for the black eye.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.