GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The salesman who sold me the GT86 told me that the average age of a Toyota customer in the UK is 57.

I am 36. I wonder how much the GT86 will affect the average buying age of their customers in the UK and abroad?

G

·
It was noticeable when I was waiting for a test drive. I remarked on it to the salesman - I was the youngest by about twenty years in the waiting area. And I'm knocking on fifty!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well I'm just a few years from retiring age. There shouldn't be any real reason us "oldies" can't enjoy the car as well.

Why shouldn't I use the GT86 to tootle down to Sainsburys for the daily paper drifting around the odd corner. And tour around in summer with my little caravan.

I'll happily maintain the high average age of a Toyota owner, if it means that I get to pay cheap insurance premiums for the privilege.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Speedymurr said:
Well I'm just a few years from retiring age. There shouldn't be any real reason us "oldies" can't enjoy the car as well.

Why shouldn't I use the GT86 to tootle down to Sainsburys for the daily paper drifting around the odd corner. And tour around in summer with my little caravan.

I'll happily maintain the high average age of a Toyota owner, if it means that I get to pay cheap insurance premiums for the privilege.
here here

·
Registered
482 Posts
39 here,
when i was in dealers only the young lad trying to start an auris in showroom with battery pack was younger...

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I would suspect that not too many young people can afford or want to spend £25k on a car. These pesky things such as houses are a lot of peoples priority.

Also why on earth would you spend that much on an electric auris, its beyond me..

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

But I feel 30 if that helps for the average.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I am 45 but not old by any standards and deff NO tow bar or roof bars

·
Registered
278 Posts
Celica66 said:
I am 45 but not old by any standards and deff NO tow bar or roof bars
Come on, at 45 you know you want a caravan!
We'll be the ones with the GT86s and caravans at the meet in Aviemore in a couple of months!

·
Registered
49 Posts
well im 30 and post of the test drives in my centre are double my age!!!!!

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
I'm 41 and don't have a caravan!

I'm a big petrolhead and have had some fun cars and some fun times in cars. I just want to keep having fun!

Edited by: Lauren

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Same here I love my cars so NO caravan here ever!!!
A car like this is meant to be driven and not tow a caravan....

·
Registered
469 Posts
Very true, I thought caravans were only meant to be used for target practice...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts