GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peeps.

Well I went for it last weekend. I've gone and ordered a standard Orange GT 86 with M/T. Should be a bit of a change from my Auris SR. The GT should be mine on the 1st September. I can't wait!
This will be my third Coupé. My first, many years ago, was a British Racing Green Lancia Beta Coupé 2000 (No! It didn't suffer from the rust problems). My second was a White Toyota Supra Mk3 A/T NA. (Yes! It did suffer from the dry solder-joints causing the heating to not work).
I saw pictures of the FT-86 last year and fell in love with it immediately. I've spent the last 18 months or so keeping an eye on GT 86 developements and finally took a test drive in my dealer's black (with ugly silver stripes) model last week and ordered one then and there. The smile's not left my face yet.
I'm looking forward to many years of fun, exciting and exhilirating driving. I just hope I can get my electric guitar, electric bass and two amps in the car if I need to!

Cheers to you all.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello and welcome, another good choice with the orange GT. That's quick to get it by 1st September - Must be the leather seats that's making mine take so long, ETA still mid-late September.

And another fellow Bass player, that makes three of us now and there's another thread around here somewhere where we sort of proved that a Bass will fit in the boot comfortably so that shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Good to see another local person with a car on order.

It must have been the orange one in their showroom which done it for you

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello again Peeps.

Thanks for the welcome.

Martin - Yes, orange in the showroom and black/red/pearl white outside. I 'ummed' and 'arred' for a whole 2 minutes before selecting the orange.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ratzart said:
Welcome and gratz on getting the car so quick. Good luck with packing all that stuff in. I don't think I will get my Roland drum kit in but I'm not fussed.
Hey, this is looking good. We have a drummer, bass players, guitarist... I play keys and can sing so we could form a GT86 Band..! Admittedly, practise sessions could involve a lot of travelling in our GT86s (when we get them).

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Can't believe your gettings your so soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.