GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's the green stuff plastered over most of the under-bonnet metal/alloy components?I'm guessing some kind of corrosion protection for shipping?
Should it be removed or left in place?

I'll link to the image as it's a bit of a whopper: Click for photo.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi - I asked the same question and it is apparantly the anti-corrosion/shipping protection and I was advised that it will eventually burn off

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
It think this has been discussed on another thread, but yes its anti-corrosion. I noticed it on the demo car at my dealers and asked the same question. Basically they dont really know but assumed its anti corrosion. I suppose the aluminium doesnt stay shiny forever and the salt in the air doesnt help so I guess it just to keep it shiny.

I have a bottle of engine cleaner at the ready when I get mine

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
My dealer advised to leave it on as it gradually burns off. If you see light smoke being emitted from your bonnet, this is probably what it is. I've left mine on as it's a talking point with the other nerds who look at the engine.
. And I can't be arsed to get the toothbrush out to clean the engine compartment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.