GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I thought it might be a good idea to ahve a place were people can look ofr good driving roads in the area.

I'll start with a few (locals please be gentil, I moved here 4 years ago and only used big A roads until now):

Cambridge/Bedford/St Ives/Huntingdon area:

B1043 from St Neots to Godmanchester
Ravensden Road/Colesden Road between Bedford and St Neots
A1123 St Ives to Huntingdon
Loads of differnet twisties near Grafham Water

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
North Wales.

Pick any route north or south of A5.

Evo triangle very good, but crowded with annoying journalists like Chris Harris!

... I say annoying because he is usually overtaking me !

·
Registered
26 Posts
GT86Owner said:
stevenn86 said:
You can find some decent roads down here but they are normally narrow and have high hedges
Care to name a few?
I rather like Maidstone to rye (a229 and a268) then down the coast to beachy head. Though lots of the lanes south of the m20 are good but dangerously closed in with no vision of the road and cars ahead

G

·
I'm loathe to share my favourite routes; they're good because they're empty and typically not well known, esp by BiB. Not wise to post where one may be found exploiting the Queen's highway on a public forum. IMO.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
GT86Owner said:
lordgrover said:
Not wise to post where one may be found exploiting the Queen's highway on a public forum.

I never mentioned exploiting and cirtainly there are not enough or us one here to make them busy!!

But fair enough.

i have read thread all way through and also can not see where you did or meant anything illegal ??

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I think the no speed limits doesn't apply in towns!

Alec

I survived Mad Sunday (GPX750R 1988)Edited by: keelerad

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.