GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't help noticing that by far the most active thread on here recently was for the GR86 - which unless I am mistaken - the forum doesn't officially cover?

Which got me thinking,..........

SHOULD this forum expand to cover the new GR (I certainly think so)

and

CAN that happen (or do our Lord's and Masters Vertical Scope in Canada forbid it).

Makes much more sense to me to have a GT/GR86 forum (two cars that share alot of the same DNA AND consequently appeal to the exact same ownership group) than have the GR86 lumped in with a lardy rebodied BMW and a 3 cylinder turbo 4wd hatch in the "GR ZOO" but then that's only my opinion 馃槂

Thoughts anyone???

Looks like "Spanytom" also thinks we should cover the new GR:

Reactions: Shad

Registered
There already is GR86.org of which I am a member, just for interest.

However, no reason to exclude the GR from here. I am sure owners will want to be part of the social scene covered by the GT and BRZ. They can learn a lot from their parents.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There already is GR86.org of which I am a member, just for interest.
Oh yes, sorry meant to say I was talking about UK based forums 馃檪 which I don't think 86org is, but had assumed GR ZOO was.

Looking at the recent GR thread on here, looks like at least a couple of those buying a new GR are long term GT86 owners, so would be good to give members like that more of a reason to stick around on here methinks.

Reactions: Tony H

Registered
Looking at the recent GR thread on here, looks like at least a couple of those buying a new GR are long term GT86 owners, so would be good to give members like that more of a reason to stick around on here methinks.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, agree with that completely.

Registered
GT86
I honestly expect them to be grouped together as its the same DNA, Whilst not the same engine its still similar in principle, I would of got a GR but personally i dont go for the first models off the line.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Bump"

(Had half forgotten about starting this thread)

Thanks for replies so far........

Registered
Makes much more sense to me to have a GT/GR86 forum (two cars that share alot of the same DNA AND consequently appeal to the exact same ownership group) than have the GR86 lumped in with a lardy rebodied BMW and a 3 cylinder turbo 4wd hatch in the "GR ZOO" but then that's only my opinion 馃槂
Nothing like being inclusive ay.

Not surprising this forum is dead.

Registered
Late to the party, but as a current GT86 owner and prospective GR86 owner (if I can get one!) I'd like to stay on the same forum. As has been said, most aspects of each model are the same or similar enough.

Registered
What have the Romans ever done for us?

Just been speaking to a Toyota dealer. They're of the impression the GR86 sold out online shortly after launch. They also think that the demonstrator they were expecting to get in July is unlikely to arrive, because there's none left for them to sell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts