GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asrequested, I thought I'd just post up my delivery picture.

I left Johannesburg yesterday at 4am after some work there, and flew back via Abu Dhabi, basically as it's a lot cheaper than BA/SAA/Virgin direct in the comfy seats. I told work I needed to be back on the 8th for something. Told Neil at Currie Motors I'd get some kip and be up around lunchtime.

Not going to plan, I was home by 8 and got the Mrs. to drive me over for 10. My car was having the last of the Superguard (sp) buffed out and he was busy selling Prius to the Pious.

An hour later they brought it round and parked it in the middle of the forecourt. 9 miles on the clock, long way to put a splash of fuel in round there.

I kept guard from old ladies with dented battery powered cars while he finished up, and then took the keys, and off we went.

A quick note about Auto cars. They don't have a clutch pedal, if you try driving one after 30h of crap sleep, you will find that the big wide brake pedal has no secondary clutch function, and all the salesmen pissed their pants as I did an emergency stop rather than slow down at the gate.

Brain re-trained, it's really very good. I've been out to fill it up a ridiculously long way off, had a Fabia RS (Estate) burn me up on the m25/a30 roundabout and then slow down to 30 on a dual carriageway so he could get a proper look.

No regrets at all, D wont keep you below 4k very well on it's own, will power is required, and the black box recorder will note 2 brief excursions to 5.

Now, about this Bad Taste thing. The only reason I mentioned the flights, is that I had to stop at our office in Dubai for a couple of days on the way out. There's quite possibly the biggest Toyota showroom I've ever seen there. Mostly Landcruisers, and odd models (FJ, something uglier than a corolla they don't sell here, etc.)

I got a lift there on the way for dinner to see if they had any 86 Tat, as I was getting keen to get home and pick up the pearl.

All their cars had dubious body kits (shape, paint match), stickers etc. So I pulled out the iPhone and snapped some for your delight:-

Big partly coded wing, heavy black tints. Nice.

Some sort of Meerkat catcher on the front bumper.

Badly coded kit, glued on with black sealant on the skirts. OZ 18" wheels might be o.k. - in Silver. Different decals if I'm not mistaken?

The crowning glory, the local version of the leather upgrade. Which could have been nice, but was a terrible fit and the inlays (on the white car above), were a weird caramel.... They look red here, but trust me.

So now I'm off for a lie down with the manual, and will go off out for a nice drive later on once it cools down and the '5 year warranty' is peeled off the rear window heater. The 'Toyota Security' on the windshield will get it the same treatment, and go in the glovebox as it has the Breakdown stuff on the back.

I really don't want to stop playing with it, but 'lie flat bed' only counts when it's over 6' long, and both shoulders will fit inside it.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Very nice!! Youre allowed into my Surrey territory
Enjoy when you get over the lag
There's 5 of us with our cars meeting at the Grasshopper pub on the A25 between Oxted and Westerham tomorrow at Noon if youre alive!!

I'll be back in Dubai in December, must remember to pop in and have a look at their tat! By then, knowing the UAE there will be a Lime Green 86 in there

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The crowning glory, the local version of the leather upgrade. Which could have been nice, but was a terrible fit and the inlays (on the white car above), were a weird caramel.... They look red here, but trust me.

[/QUOTE]

Just noticed that with the leather seat option they've left out the heated seats buttons. I'd take it back if I were them

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Looking awesome,seriouslycan't wait to pick up my white, congrats dude!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.