GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after two months of watching and waiting for Toyota to solve the engine issues, I've given up and ordered one of these instead...

M135i - not as well balanced as the GT86, but a pocket rocket hiding behind its ugly exterior.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rob275 said:
that's a shame because the issue is solved

I do hope you are right, as the GT86 is a fantastic car.

Part of the reason was the dealer experience, but mainly I feel that the ECU parameter widening is a compromise and there will continue to be issues for quite a while. I may be wrong, but I'm not willing to bet my own money on it even though such a small percentage of vehicles are affected.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rarerims said:
Out of interest, why did you choose the hatch over the coupe?

The M135i is based on the new F21 platform together with about 30% new parts provided by the M division rather than the E82 platform from about 2007. Like a baby M3, but easier to live with.

As a whole, it will be usable as a daily drive but seriously fun when required.

Plus, I rather like its understated looks - something of a Q-car - especially de-badged.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I must admit, my initial experience when buying the car was good, then i felt neglected once they got the order. But in the end they pushed mine through to be the first one to have the new ECU flash, and fixed a few other bits on the car.

So all in all, i am happy with my experience despite its ups and downs.

BMW's are great cars, i've just never liked that horrid grill on the front.

If you look closely at the picture,

you willsee a blue M&M with sunglasses smiling at you.
Edited by: rob275

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Cough, cough; obd security issue, vanos etc

More fundamental than cel, IMHO

Nice car I'm sure but leaves me cold

·
Administrator
5,798 Posts
Rarerims said:
Out of interest, why did you choose the hatch over the coupe?

There is no M135i in the coupe, and if you want the 135i M sport coupe, then it's £32k. And that's before you add any extras..... and pretty much everything is an extra
To get most of the toys you get on the GT86 and have the ideal 1 coupe, you're looking at £35k

IMO the new 1 series hatch has been battered with the ugly stick, repeatedly.
It's meant to be a great car to drive in the new M sport variant, but I could never get past the looks personally.

·
Registered
245 Posts
In my experience, BMW aftersales service is far far worse than Toyota...maybe dealer related, but I switched from BMW to Toyota for a reason - and considering I had an E90 M3 it was a big step!

I know the aftersales service is better with Toyota as we bought my wife's Rav from the same place 4 years ago and the whole service etc experience is like night and day.

Reliability-wise, my experience of vehicles built by Fuji Heavy Industries
is also a step above those built by ze germans too...

Having said that, good luck with the 135!

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.