GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

God the Singapore GP is boring!

3K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  Senna 
#1 ·
The Singapore GP is as dull as dishwater! One of my least favourite GP's along with Valencia.
Why the hell do the BBC show it live yet show highlights of Monza? Makes me mad.

Oh hold on, Hamilton has just retired, ..................move over Schummie I'm taking your drive because my McLaren is rubbish.

Think I'm going to switch to BTCC on ITV4.

Edited by: en8wall

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah he did, one of the Torro Rosso's, just watched recording.
Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't call ita day very soon. It's a bit sad how it's gone for him. In the past he had everything how he wanted it but the Pirellis seem to stop him driving balls out.

I'm not a fan but it would've been nice to see himwin a race of two when he returned.

Here's a video of incident.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19693610

#9 ·
en8wall said:
The Singapore GP is as dull as dishwater!  One of my least favourite GP's along with Valencia. 
Why the hell do the BBC show it live yet show highlights of Monza?  Makes me mad.

Oh hold on, Hamilton has just retired, ..................move over Schummie I'm taking your drive because my McLaren is rubbish.

Think I'm going to switch to BTCC on ITV4.
Yep, agree with you all 100%

F1 should be run on race tracks (Spa, Monza, Suzuka) not backstreets.

Don't get me started on Valencia !

#11 ·
ob1kxb said:
Senna said:
don't worry, no more Valencia. From now on it's New York (or rather New Jersey)

Are we expecting that to be an improvement?

I said Racetracks !

There is a great circuit in the Algarve now which makes perfect sense as fans could have a holiday.
But Mr E says no because they are broke... A GP would really help Portugal right now.

Edited by: Senna

#12 ·
Senna said:
Yep, agree with you all 100%

F1 should be run on race tracks (Spa, Monza, Suzuka) not backstreets.

I too prefer using actual circuits, though there is always the spectacle of Monaco and we couldn't be losing that. To be fair this idea of street circuits has it's appeal as obviously back in the old days, this is where it started.For example the original Spa was over 8 miles long and it simply used local roads.

I thought yesterday's GP was actually pretty good to be fair. Lots of action. That move by Felipe baby was pretty risque. Yes Valencia is just rubbish, but I blame the track designer. There is no reason why a street circuit can't provide good racing.

#14 ·
I love the glamour of Monaco, I went last year.

But that is about it. You cannot race on a track where you cannot overtake.

We should not have ANY more circuits like that.

I would be happy if you had all the races at Silverstone/Suzuka/Spa/Monza/Barcelona (Old design-NO chicane) Nurburgring/Istambul & Kuala Lumpur...only decent 'Street' tracks are parks like Melbourne and Montreal.

Most new tracks are dire...

#18 ·
I too prefer using actual circuits, though there is always the spectacle of Monaco and we couldn't be losing that.</font> To be fair this idea of street circuits has it's appeal as obviously back in the old days, this is where it started.For example the original Spa was over 8 miles long and it simply used local roads.
I have to disagree with you Lauren. Monaco is sooooo boring. It's only there because most of the drivers live there tax free so they do a session to say 'Thanks'.

#19 ·
Musketeer said:
I too prefer using actual circuits, though there is always the spectacle of Monaco and we couldn't be losing that.</font> To be fair this idea of street circuits has it's appeal as obviously back in the old days, this is where it started. For example the original Spa was over 8 miles long and it simply used local roads. 
I have to disagree with you Lauren. Monaco is sooooo boring. It's only there because most of the drivers live there tax free so they do a session to say 'Thanks'.

You after right.

#20 ·
lordgrover said:
Many of the purpose built, Tilke designed tracks are desperately dull too though.
Tilke ruined one of my favourite tracks...........Hockenheim! The old Hockenheim was superb, long, long straights with chicanes. Used to love watching that race.

Watch this.......

[TUBE]m0nVspbf4vo&feature=related[/TUBE]

#21 ·
en8wall said:
lordgrover said:
Many of the purpose built, Tilke designed tracks are desperately dull too though.
Tilke ruined one of my favourite tracks...........Hockenheim! The old Hockenheim was superb, long, long straights with chicanes. Used to love watching that race.
I agree. The Tilke tracks are utterly pointless. You can't race on them. Again, it's all to do with making money for Berney Ecclestone and his mates.

#22 ·
en8wall said:
lordgrover said:

Tilke ruined one of my favourite tracks...........Hockenheim!  The old Hockenheim was superb, long, long straights with chicanes.  Used to love watching that race.

Watch this.......

[TUBE]m0nVspbf4vo&feature=related[/TUBE]
Yeah, they totally ruined it, what a dog breakfast of a track it is now, pathetic!

What's the link? I can't see it on the iPad...
Is it '89?
I remember in that year there was some great BBC in-car footage of Mansell chasing Berger in the Ferrari's and Berger's sparks flying back at Mansell like Bullets at 210 mph ... Absolutely amazing & really scary!Edited by: Senna

#25 ·
... Now you are talking !

That reminds me... I have a lovely 1/12 Scale Tamiya Kit of Ayrton's MP4/6 to build soon...

Edited by: Senna

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.