GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Not sure if anyone would know where I could rent a garage workshop for a few hours one evening. I am in West Yorkshire and have a few jobs that I want to complete on my 86 but can’t due to the rubbish weather. I don’t need tools as I have my own, just a dry place with ideally a ramp, but even that isn’t necessary.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate, need to remove the front bumper to fix the bumper sag issue. Also whilst the bumper is off I need to replace the foam crash beam thing, mine is half missing!

Then, adjust my coilovers to slightly lower the ride height and then fit the new alloys.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'd gladly lend you some space in my own garage but I've a car stuck in the air awaiting an engine lol.

Top Tip:
The TSB for bumper sag say some along the lines of; "use a natural detergent to hold the clips in place, while you re-install the bumper". To me at least, this translated to something like soap or grease maybe?
What I actually did was use a tiny dot of super glue, which seemed to work fine and despite the bumper being removed a couple of time, the clips are still in place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a problem at all mate, thank you. I may just wait until Easter time when I get time off work and the weather is better. Not in a huge rush but little jobs like this bother me until they are done.

in regards to the bumper sag, my issue is that the surround that goes around the headlight has clips broken, so not the bumper itself but where the bumper clips clip into the surround. So I have some new surrounds fromToyota.

·
Registered
226 Posts
As I live in (the neighbouring county of North) Yorkshire myself (and also lived in West Yorkshire some years ago) your post aroused my interest so I've just had a root around on Google and found one or two references to this place in Halifax (nothing recent though, so not convinced it is still going, but probably worth a call......)

This one in Sheffield looks alot more promising, if you don't mind crossing the "county line" 🙂 into South Yorkshire......

EDIT - revised link

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks MR2, if I don’t get any joy then I will have no choice but to wait for better weather later on this year. Then get the spanner set out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts