GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Personally I've never bothered with it. It's yet another example of how the insurance industry rips us off big-time by preying on our insecurities.

But if you're that risk averse, then (a) check that your car insurance doesn't already entitle you to new-for-old - some do; and (b) don't buy gap insurance from the dealer - it's available more cheaply elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Avila will replace car free of extra charge as per policy with a like for like one in first year ...but not payout cash instead...happy with this deal I am

·
Registered
566 Posts
Gotta watch that. I was daft enough to write off a Fiesta Zetec-S a couple of months after buying it. Thankfully I did have overpriced dealer GAP insurance!!

G

·
PumaUK7 said:
Does everyone tend to go for GAP?
I was going to, but in two minds at the moment.
I declined the policy offered by Toyota because it was way too expensive at £419 with the intention of taking up the ALA offer above. When I called it was a fair bit more so have not done anything yet.
I don't like the idea of insuring insurance anyway. I don't 'protect' NCD for the same reason.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm sure a couple of months ago there was a link to ala.co.uk with a good GAP deal and discount for these forums, but can't find link anywhere now? Am I going mad, or was there a link that has now gone, and is there a reason for that (I'm picking up new GT tomorrow and was going to take out GAP insurance with ala, but now I'm nervous that there's a good reason not to)?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I was very glad to have GAP on my Mazda6.
At 10 months old it was stolen and wrapped round a tree

I'm in.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Harry G said:
Hi Twigman. Did you find out how the little darlings got in and round the alarm?
they burgled my house and took the car with the keys.
We were in the house.
it was at night.
The first I knew of it was being woken up by police banging on the door.
They thougt I'd been driving pissed and wrapped it round the tree and legged it home so were threatening to break the door down until they realised that I had no injuries, was half asleep and genuinely could not find the key to unlock the door!

·
Administrator
5,798 Posts
Twigman said:
The first I knew of it was being woken up by police banging on the door.
They thougt I'd been driving pissed and wrapped it round the tree and legged it home so were threatening to break the door down until they realised that I had no injuries, was half asleep and genuinely could not find the key to unlock the door!
I bet that was an experience!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.