GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this will update properly but I have created a fuelly account for tracking the supertanker trips I'm causing.

Alec

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably about half of my 1700 miles have been on twisty roads in 2nd or 3rd gear between 4000 and 7500 rpm, so I'm not really surprised by the mpg. Only did my first motorway drive (about 90 miles in all) yesterday as I had to get back from Kenilworth to Macc ASAP.

AlecEdited by: keelerad

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lets say I enjoy a thrash. I suppose about 700 of my miles are trips that had a destination, the other 1000 were just out for a thrash, which means I avoid dual carriageways and motorways and spend most of the time in the top half of the rev range.

I never pootle along and I am always looking to overtake (comes maybe from only having sporty motorbikes up to the age of 31 and expecting to be quicker than most road traffic).

Compared to depreciation involved in buying a new car the cost of petrol isn't that bad and I enjoy working the gear box.

Its why I bought a sports car

Alec

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've seen the roads around Macclesfield.... They're a destination themselves, though all the 50mph limits on the moors, like the Cat & Fiddle road?!? Nuts!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just about every trip I do starts by heading east out of Macc down the A537, as far as the speed cameras are concerned they are all time/distance specs cameras so I slow to about 30-40mph on the straights, then go for it in the bends.

Alec

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Move somewhere lumpier

Alec

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Does anyone know how much petrol the car holds?

G

·
Meh. One of the primary reasons for me getting the 86 was the improved economy. The Griff was 15-18mpg and the 350Z 20mpg if lucky.This is bliss @ 30+ mpg. 50% improvement! Will save me over a £100 per month.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I'm going from a ~25mpg car to the GT-86 and can't wait for the reduced fuel bills.

lordgrover- it's amazing those old TVR's were so terrible on fuel when they didn't have much weight, or power! And people worship those old Rover V8's!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.