GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collect my GT86 next week Blue, auto, black leather seats ..................

I have a Question please as I have received conflict of information ..
Ordinary unleaded or super unleaded ?

Nothing mentioned in any of the brochures and don't want to get it wrong
Who is using what , please ?????

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi Jenny. I'm picking mine up next week too.

The manualspecifies 98 RON which would be super unleaded. Ordinary being 95 RON. But it does also say the car can be run on 95 RON without damage or invalidating the warranty.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Some super unleadeds such as Esso's have 97 Rons in them. But as the manual says petrol with 95 Rons can be used without any harm, just bung in what's cheapest and don't worry as the engine will take anything with 95 Rons and above - 95 Rons being the usual normal unleaded.

·
Registered
62 Posts
malcolmgt86 said:
I'm assuming performance wouldn't be at its' peak with 95 though? Or would it not make much difference?
If the car has been tuned for 98 RON or whatever, then the ECU may retard the timing if it detects knocking as a result of using 95 RON. Yes, this will reduce power. You may just have to try it and see if you can tell the difference. Anyone run both and noticed?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Doubt you'll notice any difference in power on the road. You might get sufficiently more range from each fill up for the posh petrol than the cheap stuff.
A lot of my fill ups have been after long distance runs including motorways (just to get to the good bits quickly, you understand...) and the best so far was 39mpg (calculated). Down the lanes, however, it's firmly in the 20's.
It's got to be worth trying 3 or 4 tank fulls on the cheap stuff, then 3 or 4 on the "better" stuff to see if it's for you.
I've always found the better stuff work out cheaper. Plus, fewer fill ups means more time to play / spend time with the family / watch Big Brother or whatever you get your kicks from.
Can anyone qualify their choice after back to back comparisons for their car?

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Given up on fuel consumption.....for some reason fuel just seems to disappear ....???
Oh well have to go out again for fuel ...yet another drive...he he

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
tank commander said:
aw targa your a right grump tonight,where are you in scotland.
Inverness I think he said when I was doing the map

Alec

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.