GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It would probably do with a little lowering to get it sitting right, but i have to say the wheel style and colour combination really works for me at least!

Edited by: Rarerims

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also spotted this one on Forces:

Possible a little mad fitment for some tastes, but good to see people being so brave so early in the life of the car! Usually takes years to see fitments like this!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Rarerims said:
Also spotted this one on Forces:

Possible a little mad fitment for some tastes, but good to see people being so brave so early in the life of the car! Usually takes years to see fitments like this!

im liking these what sizes, colours and prices would be available

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're 18x10 ET35 - They would take a little fitting to get looking like that - just so you know.

18x9 ET35 would be easier and would like very similar, however they would just be slightly less concave :)

Those are Rota Force :) This car badly needed lowering for fitting wheels like this to have them looking right, but it give you an idea :)

This is 18x8.5 Front and 18x9 Rear:

18x9:
http://www.rarerims.co.uk/images/products/med_GFOR9018D1P35PSG0730.jpg[/img
18x10.5 (same face at an 18x10):
[img]http://www.rarerims.co.uk/images/products/med_GFOR1058D1P40PCSG0730.jpg
18x8.5 (Please ignore centre cap here, we dont do face carbon caps any longer):

Edited by: Rarerims

·
Registered
887 Posts
Rarerims said:
Some more inspiration here!

MXR 18x9.5 ET38!

Lovely bit of dish there! Is there anything like this in a standard size wheel? I could look for myself but I'm feeling lazy...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right now there's not a lot in the standard sizes with a dish, simply due to the maths of having some dish, a high offset and a narrow wheel means you cant easily to it and still clear brakes.

This is what you tend to get in 17x7.5 ET45/48:

If you'd look at wider options then more would be possible :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
they look fairly lovely, straight bolt-on fit?what is the difference in weight from stock?
price???
I'm interested in getting a second set of wheels for track days and so on...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are a straight bolt on fit, and available in the standard size / offset.

They're £549 inc. VAT for the set of 4 with the forum discount.

They are a little under 1kg per wheel lighter than standard I believe. Currently in stock in Black and Bronze only.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Can you link to the Rota Forces in the 18x10 i can only see 18x10.5

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We dont have the 18x10 or 18x10.5 at present in the PCD that will work with the 86.

We do have them in the 18x9 and 18x8.5 however...

If there was demand we could order up the 18x10, but they will be quite big on the car as per the pictures!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Ben you've seen my R32 GTR i like big :)

I run 10J on the R32 and the BMW Turbo so would make sense to have them on the 86 as well

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ha, well, those T2Rs in 18x9.5 ET38, or Grids in the same size sit well on the car and look really good with a little lowering - I guess you dont want to be messing with arches on a brand new car?

The noise of rolling arches and the arch sealer creaking while doing it is really quite horrible when I have done it before!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Rarerims said:
Also spotted this one  on Forces:

What colour is this?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks to MR2-Ian for sharing these:

I think they're a pretty perfect fitment, although they do highlight the need for a little lowering when changing to a wheel which sits closer to the arch to get it looking right - this car is standard ride height.

If anybody is interested because these are coming back unused there will be a deal going on this exact setup from this car :)

235/40/17 Yokohama S-Drives on Grid Drift 17x9 ET42 Gunmetal wheels.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
AAARGGHHHH!!!!

(Bangs head on computer desk.. kicks cat....eats sour lemon...)

I WANNA SEE A BLUE ONE ON SILVER TITANS!!!! SEVENTEEN INCH! STANDARD OFFSET! PLEASE STOP POSTING ESO/EVO !

Why you no risten? Why you show sirry stuff for egopetrol-heads, looking to spreadcurb bash probability and invoke arthritis in five year? Need fulltime care when jolt problem hit L1-L4 lumbar... ouch, pain, pain.. (hokey, so Thai katoi can do massage but cheaper buy Albanian dolly-tart.. (err, allegedly...)

Many old man look at 'precision' handling - not over interest in hanging-out-tail, burning rubber, 'wahey!' factor... need focus on Bruce McClaren attitude - "smooth in, smooth out..."

Me wax lyrical...

SpecK

1 - 20 of 119 Posts