GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was just wondering how prevalent the issue of scuffs under the front of the bumper is?

My ‘13 plate has plenty underneath the whole front bumper - I’m guessing from speed bumps and the like. I live in an area with lots of those speed bumps that don’t span the whole road, if you know what I mean. I’m always very careful and never hear any scraping but I don’t know how bad they were when I bought the car (4mths ago). Just wondering is this was pretty common with owners.

Is this avoidable at all? It looks a right mess!! You can only really see if you’re down low, however.

·
Registered
955 Posts
It also happens when you go nose in to a bay perpendicular to a tall Kerb and a bit too deep. Not much you can do except being careful and if the car is lowered, then you may want to bring it to standard ride height.

·
Administrator
5,771 Posts
Is this avoidable at all? It looks a right mess!! You can only really see if you’re down low, however.
If you can't see it, is it really a problem? Mine had scrapes under there, it's just something that you have with lower cars - my old Civic Type R has this as well under the front lip.

I'm now looking at a car with active aero that has 2 actuators that if damaged by scraping/bumps is ££££ fix - I'd be happy with a little scraping that has no outward or operational impact ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Standard ride height, though compared to most cars it is quite low I suppose.

A few of the scrapes on the corners are more noticeable, some down to the plastic and looks quite unsightly. Being a black car helps though!

Just wondered if it was a common thing that (UK owners especially) have to put up with.

I had a Misano blue Alfa Giulia when I lived in the US and my drive had a deep curve and incline - had to be really careful pulling in and it made a mess of that.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I've had a few scrapes on drop kerbs when turning round in the road; standard ride height. But as Kodename says, as I can't easily see them they don't bother me. I'll start worrying if the bumper comes off as happened to the air dam on my 911 (g-f. driving!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts