GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Errrr you do know that, that isn't the GT which inspired the GT86? (looks like a 70's Celica to me).

This is the 2000GT they mean when talking about the inspiration for the GT86.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I was guna say that earlier but then I notice that he wrote GT2000 and not a 2000GT....so just assumed that it was some other car with a similar type of name

·
Registered
117 Posts
You Only Live Twice is about to start on ITV4 (again!).

Time to enjoy that luvverly 2000GT again (and its equally luvverly driver...)

I wonder whether it's true that Toyota produced a convertible version of the 2000GT especially for that film, because Sean Connery was too tall for the hard-top?

Whatever, it's a truly stunning specimen (and the car's not bad, too).

Edited by: gar074

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Now you've made me start watching it as well! I like the Sumo bit, went 3 times when I lived in Japan, looked exactly the same in the 80's, but I think it's been the same for hundreds of years.

Alec

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Just had the bit where they assemble Little Nellie and it looks like a flat four boxer engine

Alec

·
Registered
466 Posts
surely not the inspiration for the GT86? This is only a classic sportscar made by Toyota from the '60s. I'd heard that a 1980's version of the Toyota Corolla was the full, 100% and indeed direct parent of the GT86!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
You wind up merchant !

Alec

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.