GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I thought it migth be good to have a forum to discuss the latest F1 news/results.

Anyone have an opinion about the Vettel penalty?

How about when he called Hamilton stupid for unlapping him! I really think Vettel is showing his colours this season....

I was at Silverstone a few weeks back. Even in the rain it was amazing.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was at Silverstone as well, agreed it was an amazing weekend with every weather condition.

However i agree with Vettel about Hamilton he shouldbt have tried to mix it with the leaders when he's a lap down. Its like Karthikayen trying to take on Vettel. It doesnt matter if he has the same pace, move over.

The penalty was fair however he overtook off the track therefore it should stand.If he wanted to avoid a collision he should have stayed off the track but not moved in front. Stewards should react quicker though there were still 5 laps left they could have instructed Vettel to let Button overtake

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
R32 GTR said:
I was at Silverstone as well, agreed it was an amazing weekend with every weather condition.

However i agree with Vettel about Hamilton he shouldbt have tried to mix it with the leaders when he's a lap down. Its like Karthikayen trying to take on Vettel. It doesnt matter if he has the same pace, move over.

Interesting point about Vettel/Hamilton. I think that if Hamilton is faster he should be able to unlap himself. At the end of the day vettel could have moved over on a straight and wouldn't have lost anytime. In fact if he was to get DRS from Hamiltion it could have helped him keep in front of Button and possibly catch Alonso.
Another angle could be that he could have helped button catch Vettel as a team strategy.
Also what if it rained? all of a sudden Hamilton would not have been too far behind the front of the pack.

R32 GTR said:
The penalty was fair however he overtook off the track
therefore it should stand.If he wanted to avoid a collision he should
have stayed off the track but not moved in front. Stewards should react
quicker though there were still 5 laps left they could have instructed
Vettel to let Button overtake
I agreee they should have sorted it out before the podiums and as you say a 20 second penalty is a bit unfair but if he was to let Button past again it woudl ahve been a fairer result.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Funny thing is Button said that had he just carried on as normal he would have taken him in a couple of laps as his tyres were shot.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
R32 GTR said:
Funny thing is Button said that had he just carried on as normal he would have taken him in a couple of laps as his tyres were shot.
Yes exactly so more fool for Vettel for over taking on that corner....

A bit like the Hamilton/maldonardo in Valencia
, except Button didnt get taken out!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
As the rules state if a car is faster then it can overtake as long as it does not impede the other driver and as Vetal spat his dummy out does that count?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Celica66 said:
As the rules state if a car is faster then it can overtake as long as it does not impede the other driver and as Vetal spat his dummy out does that count?
Hamilton is not always the best when it comes to interviews but I love his comment abotu it showing maturity. IN YOUR FACE VETTEL!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Time this thread was brought back from the dead:

Am I alone in feeling that whilst I feel great discomfort at the podium booing of Sebastian Vettel, at each race, that my sympathy for him at this unsporting behaviour is limited as it is in fact but a reflection of his own conduct towards his team mate and own team at the Malaysian GP this year. Fans pay a big chunk of money to watch this (now boring) sport.

The fans are NOT booing Red bull, Sebastian, (they do not boo Mark Webber, even at Monza!) -THEY ARE BOOING YOU !

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
What the hell am I doing on this thread? F1 sucks. Oh. Yea. That's why

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I couldn't help thinking "you selfish little sh*t" during the obligatory post-race radio communication to the winner, eventhough he said "we did it all together. it was a fantastic team effort".same as I get so tired of his little finger and his incessant use of "boys" when referring to the red bull crew

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
You are right Ob1 !

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
riceburner said:
Oh for the days of hunt & Lauda hey senna
Yeah...fantastic !

·
Registered
552 Posts
Anyone seen Rush yet?

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
chrismac1980 said:
Anyone seen Rush yet?
Yep.

Superb. DO NOT MISS !

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd boo Seb just because he made the last 2 hour race very boring with his runaway victories, not anything to do with his character... the race for 2nd seems to be quite exciting of late

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
ob1kxb said:
Will300 said:
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Just seen this crap: </span>http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12474/8942974/derek-warwick-tells-sky-f1-that-the-stewards-werent-going-to-punish-webber-or-alonso<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> WTF?</span>
what are you upset about? that they got reprimanded or that the stewards changed their minds?
because the reprimand was certainly justified
I agree. Whilst I have a print on my wall of the iconic Senna lift from Mansell in '91, I think it should be the exception not the rule and it was certainly very dangerous. It won't be long before someone gets hurt if this silliness continues and I am surprised at Mark for doing this as he also deprived fans of a lot of autograph opportunities on his way back to the pits in a part of the world where he is almost a local hero.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts