GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been to get some new number plates from Demon-plates in Manchester and tried turning my foglights on due to the amount of spray on the M60.

Found that they only work if you have sidelights or headlights selected, they do not work if you have the lights left on Auto, like I usually do.

So if you drive with the lights in Auto be aware that your fogs won't come on unless you move the main switch out of Auto

This was during the day, they might work at night in Auto, will have to try sometime.

Alec

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
If that can't be fixed by software i'm sure a little bit of wiring would resolve!

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
lordgrover said:
Why would you need fog lights on without headlights?Nothing to 'fix' IMO.

.. because the headlights would be on, as they'd be set to auto, yet the fog lights wouldn't, even though they're switched on!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Habu said:
My front & rear fogs work just fine with the headlights set to Auto.
So do mine. I used them on Monday morning! But it was still dark and the headlights were on (auto-on that is).

G

·
malcolmgt86 said:
Habu said:
My front & rear fogs work just fine with the headlights set to Auto.
So do mine. I used them on Monday morning! But it was still dark and the headlights were on (auto-on that is).
Which I would expect to be normal behaviour.
I'll try it out later when it gets dark if I'm not drunk and incapable by then.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Well, in auto, it IS supposed to only turn on the lights when needed, which isnt needed in daytime... :p So hence, neither is the foglights, unless fogged, and then the lights shoudl turn on by themselfs.. :D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Nick Graves said:
Perhaps they know you shouldn't use foglights in rain.

Well, you can use foglights in any conditions if visibility is deemed to be less than 100 metres.

Personally I feel if you turn foglights on it should override the auto and turn the sidelights on also. Autolights suck anyway.. all that wiring adding weight. tut tut.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Can the auto detection system pick up fog? I thought it was just light sensors? It can be quite foggy yet still bright....well ish....but not dark enough to set off the sensors. So this make sense to me that they don't come on, but I agree, they should overwrite the auto system when you turn on the fogs and turn on.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
no it doesnt pick up fog. actually it would be helpful to have a rain sensor linked to the lights as well, since most of the time when it rains, you'll need to turn your lights on too and it rarely gets dark enough during a shower for them to come on, even if set to the "lightest" conditions

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.