GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is to remove the spare key from the glovebox.

I left mine in as ididn'trealise it was in there and left the car parked in the car park.Didn'trealise the cardoesn'tlock with keys still inside so the car was unattended for about an hour. Yikes

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Other thing to avoid doing, getting out and go to walk off without pressing the stop/start switch. You can lock the doors and the engine will keep running (needs a much noisier exhaust!)

Alec

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
R32 GTR said:

I left mine in as i didn't realise it was in there and left the car parked in the car park. Didn't realise the car doesn't lock with keys still inside so the car was unattended for about an hour. Yikes
Whoa ! Scary tale !

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,869 Posts
R32 GTR said:

I left mine in as ididn'trealise it was in there and left the car parked in the car park.Didn'trealise the cardoesn'tlock with keys still inside so the car was unattended for about an hour. Yikes
Bit silly of the dealer to put the spare in the glove box when it keyless entry....

·
Registered
571 Posts
keelerad said:
Other thing to avoid doing, getting out and go to walk off without pressing the stop/start switch. You can lock the doors and the engine will keep running (needs a much noisier exhaust!)

Alec

Beware of catching your upper arm on the upper door edge. (Car needs lowering).

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
massively scary, i couldnt figure out what the beeping was everytime i tried to lock it, but it beeps for 8 seconds if you leave the keys in.

Anyway i just assumed it was keyless entry that was letting me back in the car until i got someone else to try.

Probably would have invalidated the insurance as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.