GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd change the engine oil in my BRZ after its first trackday. Now at 1100 miles.

Popped into my local dealer who did the job and gave the car a post track check; brakes etc.

Costs net vat

Oil filter £14.04
Gasket £0.96
Oil £62.70
Enviro charge £3.15

Plus about £70 of labour to cover fluid change and other inspection work.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hey dude, how was the track day?? Can I ask though, why did you bother?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like to do oil after running in

Plus will vary the maintenance schedule in line with my usage

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,867 Posts
Kodename47 said:
What type of oil was used? I'd tend to do these easy maintenance jobs myself.... Cut out the pointless labour charges.
I'm sure I read somewhere that the recommended oil is 0-20W

I will prob change the oil myself after the run in. But all proper services by a dealer

·
Registered
363 Posts
GT86Owner said:
Kodename47 said:
What type of oil was used? I'd tend to do these easy maintenance jobs myself.... Cut out the pointless labour charges.

I will prob change the oil myself after the run in. But all proper services by a dealer

Yes, me too. It is an absolute doddle of a job. The only hard bit being getting rid of the old oil!

G

·
£150 for an oil change is a tad rich.

Good to see your BRZ is 1. getting used and 2. being well treated. The second owner will be grateful.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did post track inspection too

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Do you think fully synthetic oil will be best for our GT 86?

·
Registered
278 Posts
DavidGT86 said:
GT86Owner said:
Kodename47 said:

Yes, me too.  It is an absolute doddle of a job.  The only hard bit being getting rid of the old oil!
Two options; pour down a sewer of take to a council recycling centre. However the former could involve a prosecution and fine as it's illegal!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Does the '86 have to go back to the garage for an oil change after 1000 milesor is this just a preference thing?

·
Registered
GT86 Cosworth
4,867 Posts
en8wall said:
Does the '86 have to go back to the garage for an oil change after 1000 milesor is this just a preference thing?

No it justa preferential thing. THe oil is likely to a bit dirty after run in period. To be honest it the initial "run in" done at the factory that makes it dirty. They will ahve red lined it to check everythig is OK.

G

·
ICantAffordAnLFA said:
Thought I'd change the engine oil in my BRZ after its first trackday. Now at 1100 miles.

Popped into my local dealer who did the job and gave the car a post track check; brakes etc.

Costs net vat

Oil filter £14.04
Gasket £0.96
Oil £62.70
Enviro charge £3.15

Plus about £70 of labour to cover fluid change and other inspection work.
You didn't make a note of the part number of the oil filter did you?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Subaru filter is 15208AA130; sump plug seal is 803916010.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Running in period oil tends to have more bits of initial carbon deposits, metal swarf, etc in it.
It's a good idea to get rid of this after the first 1000-1250 miles...especially if you have been racing Lancia LC2 Le Mans cars at Silverstone...

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
tonyplym said:
Subaru filter is 15208AA130; sump plug seal is 803916010.

Thanks, added to the spreadsheet.

I need to chase Subaru for some other part numbers and prices. Unfortunately they need a BRZ registration number to be able to look up the car. I did send a private message on here to the two BRZ owners but neither responded.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
I tried a few press car registrations and none came up on their parts system :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Found this on Amazon for £6.99 including delivery (supplied bya company called Service Champions; delivery was very prompt) - 80 mm diameter / 15 flutes / suits 3/8" square drive; fits the oil filter snugly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts