GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jason from Fifth gear just did a road/track test, review, of the GT.

A bit complain about the missing torgue, but thrilled about the handling.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fifth gear, aired tonite i believe. Finalgear.com is my guide to things "Gear" wise... :D

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Fifth Gear has just started up again and back to it's hour long show (rather than the 30min long ones that were on channel five last season). This also means that they are no longer on Channel 5 but on the Discovery channel instead.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
malcolmgt86 said:
The Discovery Channel? I'm surprised 5th gear is not seen as more mainstream.

Yeah, that is really disappointing.

What about those of us who blew our cash on GT86 and detailing products, - we can't afford SKY!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
He also said it needs too many gearchanges which is exactly why I went for the auto.
By the way, the car he drove is the same one I drove in France with What Car. He nowhas a claim to fame.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Had VBH* tested it, I'd be interested.

I've never been able to stand Pluto - orsome of the diatribe he spouts.

*Her claim to fame is she nearly ran me over in Norton Way Honda. She is very personable & quite charming, as well as being a good presenter.
Edited by: Nick Graves

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Nick Graves said:

I've never been able to stand Pluto - or some of the diatribe he spouts.

*Her claim to fame is she nearly ran me over in Norton Way Honda. She is very personable & quite charming, as well as being a good presenter.
She stood up my company as a public speaker about motor sport(she was charging £10k) up at a big corporate promotional event, her excuse was she had a sore throat... - O I ?

FYI ... Murray Walker wanted £13k !
Edited by: Senna

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Nick Graves said:

I've never been able to stand Pluto - orsome of the diatribe he spouts.

To be fair, Plato can drive and that makes him worth listening to. I know Vicks too, she used to interview me back in my racing days. She's a top girl and good fun.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
There is an irony on Fifth gear... VBH is there for the glamour-puss angle, Tiffany (Sorry Tiff Nedell) drove in Formula 1 in 1980 with Ensign, but never managed to qualify it. TBH in my view he overdrives everything...

Plato on the other hand never went into formula one but should have...

He would have been ruddy awesome!
Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Yeah but VBH would marked the car down because it beeps at the red line....she really didn't like that when test driving the Megane Sport....so I would have hoped that en8wall remembered to turn it off before handing it back

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Keethos said:
Yeah but VBH would marked the car down because it beeps at the red line....she really didn't like that when test driving the Megane Sport....so I would have hoped that en8wall remembered to turn it off before handing it back
Plato and fifth gear had the car before me, they were loosening up the engine for me.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Don't quote me on this but it maybe on again this Saturday.

Pretty good review and I'm actually noticing the lack of grunt at mid range at more now....especially since I've been keeping the revs down but starting to give it a bit more.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Celica66 said:
anyone know if this is repeated and when and what channel please as missed it?
There's a link to a bit torrent on that FinalGear site that Mikael mentioned. I downloaded it from there and its a good copy.

Alec

http://www.finalgear.com/shows/fifthgear/21/4/Edited by: keelerad

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Just trying to upload the GT86 bit to youtube, not sure if the copyright check will let you lot see it or not

Alec

Here's the link try it!

youtubeEdited by: keelerad

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.