GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the biggest names in F1's driver market have played musical chairs (Hamilton / Perez) - What on earth are Ferrari going to do about replacing Massa (should they?) ?

I think they have been pretty unwise in not taking Perez.


I think there are surely just 3 realistic options left:
1) Di Resta (Quickest).
2) Hulkenberg (Quick).
3) Senna (Not the best of the three, but commercially a good bet for sponsorship / no threat to Alonso).


PS Ferrari are shutting down their wind tunnel over concerns about data quality from it!


Come on guys & gals, lets hear your views... ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, I see the BBC must have read this thread, as in the last hour or so, they have now got onto the story on BBC F1 website...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
They'd be better off as a one car team than continuing with Massa!
Anyone moving to be Ferrari must have to realise they'd be there as a number 2, so it would probably not be the best move for a proper future star like Di Resta.
Rosberg might be free if Mercedes want to keep Schumacher. Paired with Hamilton they'd make quite the team. Wily old fox to push development through with the young hotshot to put in the lap times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
Why not put Schumacher in the seat along side Alonso for next year ready for Vettels arrival in 2014?
Would be good to see Alonso and Schuie up against each other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
Since half the races have gone to Murdoch infested Sky, I've lost most of my interest in F1 as I can't see the races live anymore (I refuse to give the Murdochs a penny of my income, something I've been doing since the early 1980s when I fould out what a medler Wooput Murdoch is with our politics).
As far as I'm concerned, they (F1 and the Murdochs) can all take a long walk off a short pier.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Musketeer said:
Since half the races have gone to Murdoch infested Sky, I've lost most of my interest in F1 as I can't see the races live anymore (I refuse to give the Murdochs a penny of my income, something I've been doing since the early 1980s when I fould out what a medler Wooput Murdoch is with our politics).
As far as I'm concerned, they (F1 and the Murdochs) can all take a long walk off a short pier.


I am with you all the way on that one. I refuse to be blackmailed by Ecclestone & Murdoch too.

It's a shame that BBC are losing Jake Humprey next year, he has been pivotal in the quality of the beeb's coverage.

Edited by: Senna
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,480 Posts
Senna said:
Musketeer said:
Since half the races have gone to Murdoch infested Sky, I've lost most of my interest in F1 as I can't see the races live anymore (I refuse to give the Murdochs a penny of my income, something I've been doing since the early 1980s when I fould out what a medler Wooput Murdoch is with our politics).
As far as I'm concerned, they (F1 and the Murdochs) can all take a long walk off a short pier.


I am with you all the way on that one. I refuse to be blackmailed by Ecclestone & Murdoch too.

It's a shame that BBC are losing Jake Humprey next year, he has been pivotal in the quality of the beeb's coverage.

I agree. The BBC teams (both TV and Radio) are very good and always worth listening to. Unfortunately, it tends to be the BBC that introduce sports to the TV and then the commercial stations, once they see how popular that sport is, buy it away from the BBC for silly money. If the whole country stopped paying for Sky, Virgin crap, it would all go back to 'free to view' TV. Yay!!! And maybe those footballers' wages would get real again.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder who will replace Jake? BBC running out of talent!
I suppose they could get Steve Ryder back...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ShinyBRZ said:
They'd be better off as a one car team than continuing with Massa!
So certain, are you ?

He did rather well in Japan, didn't he?

And Ferrari's problem is they never like a truly quick no2 anyway... I believe he will stay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
He will most likely stay but since he had that accident with that part comingoff barrichello carhes not been the same driver, strange way to run a team with two drivers & only focus on the one.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top