619 Posts
whats the verdict?

·
Registered
278 Posts
GT86Owner said:
They are both underpowered and you should go buy a Megane 265

Ha Ha
I used to own a RS250 andmade a very clear choice not to buy a RS265 or a secondhand RS250. I loved the RS250, but wanted something different this time. Not just a fast hatchback.

Again a commentator looking at the numbers and not the whole of the car itself.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Indeed, it seems the power is going to be relatively easy to 'adjust' for those so inclined- already there's lots of choice.

The GT86 has been billed much like the AE86, as a base for people to make their mark, albeit a very fun and attractive base :)

·
Registered
887 Posts
Rarerims said:
The GT86 has been billed much like the AE86, as a base for people to make their mark, albeit a very fun and attractive base :)

I think this was part of the idea in the first place, hence the attempts to link it back to the AE86 which is only such an icon because it was a fair package to begin with but mainly because it responded well to 'modifications'...

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Speedymurr said:
GT86Owner said:
They are both underpowered and you should go buy a Megane 265

Ha Ha
I used to own a RS250 andmade a very clear choice not to buy a RS265 or a secondhand RS250. I loved the RS250, but wanted something different this time. Not just a fast hatchback.

Again a commentator looking at the numbers and not the whole of the car itself.
You are always going to get people that will complain the ride is not as good or it sounds too loud or it underpowered.. blah blah. When really its just not the car for them... Every car has tradeoffs which people have highlighted with the 86, but how about the handling tradoff the gti or megane makes for practicallity?

The gt86 is a sports car, low centre of gravity, good weight distribution and light. You cant have those and be a comfortable cruiser but some reviewers dont seem to understand that.....

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
begin rant/

I just watched the Evo Magazine Video review of the BRZ vs the Megane.

"This is no modern 4 cylinder M3 is it? The tyres that are on an M3 are probably as moddest, the weight is probably not that much different, the powers quite similar" "But the way the two behave is worlds apart"

WTF?

M3 265R19s (23% bigger), 1700kg (42% Heavier) and 441HP (123% more power). Yes sounds similar to a GT86/BRZ

The only thing that is comparable... M3 Skidpan: 0.98g, GT86/BRZ: 0.99g

Evo have lost all of tiny bit of respect I had for them....

Obviously intentionally ripping the BRZ in a marketing stunt. Oh yes lets get a high revving NA enginer with a torque converter auot and compare to a Manual turbo'ed car.

/rant over

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Agreed
Are we happy with the GT86?

Well I know I am.

·
GR Yaris.... Obvs
2,140 Posts
Sideways? said:
Rarerims said:

I think this was part of the idea in the first place, hence the attempts to link it back to the AE86 which is only such an icon because it was a fair package to begin with but mainly because it responded well to 'modifications'...

To be fairtis was wholly the idea, hence why there are already so many tuning parts available. Also we have teh advantage of all the Subaru tuners also getting involved. I say tune away and make it into the car you want it to be.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spoiler - look away if you want to wait for your copy

I guess scans will appear on ft86club soon but I'll summarise

2 page comparison between brz and gt86. GT86 wins and goes forward to a Group test against some 'heros'

Why GT86? They prefer its driven at the limit, dry weather handling, and specifically its tendency to understeer more than the BRZ.
They are somewhat warmer on the BRZ this time
Both are a doddle to slide though.....................

Group test result; we in trouble on the Renaultsport forum

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
can i ask a question?

am i the only one on here that does not have thousands of pounds to spend on changing the brand new car i have just brought?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Celica66 said:
can i ask a question?

am i the only one on here that does not have thousands of pounds to spend on changing the brand new car i have just brought? 
To be honest you'd prob make all you money back and some if you decided to sell!

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
i am new to the modding scene and a bit surprised at some of the cost's so think i will stay standard for a while until i get some info from people in the know...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts