GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was reading recently on the ft86 club about engine chirping/ticking in the US. A few people posted videos of it as well. According to a poll about 80% of people were experiencing this chirping. Some people have suggested it might be to do with the lack of lubricants in the US petrol.

When I test drove the GT86 twice last week, I opened the bonnett both times to check if it was happening and It wasn't. I fact I thought the engine was quite smooth actually.

Has anyone on here heard any chirping/ticking when the drove the gt 86?

I know the direct injectors like to tick away...

Edited by: GT86Owner

·
Registered
25 Posts
No, nothing on mine. Very smooth idle and no chirping. Filled with two tanks of v power and one of 95 Ron as I was out no super or vpower.

400 miles to go and I'll be bouncing of the rev limiter!!!!! Yippee!!!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Will be interesting to see what other people think. I tried on the demo car and no chirping but you could hear the direct injectors clicking away..

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Just checked my car again, not doing it now???
I could hear it as I was sitting in car with window open and the radio off. It's not loud.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think its a problem. In the us they were really worried and if you see the poll results a large % of car are doing it so clearly not something Toyobaru have missed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
me to, I've done 260 and no issues whatsover, other than trying to hold it don to 4000 rpm!!! love it to death

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to say I've had it up to 6k quite a few times when warm. It's so Damn hard but I don't think its any harm to give it a thrashing from time to time

·
Registered
136 Posts
We are dealing with a top manufacturer here, who else can spend the kind of money these guys do on design and developement. If there were something major they would let us know and deal with it, drive drive drive

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Toyota may do the design and developement, but Subaru are building the things. If their Quality Control is below par, then crap will get through. I have no experience of Subaru cars so no idea how they stand up in the quality department.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts