GT86 Owners Club Forum banner

Electric mirrors

5K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Martin F 
Hopefully they have lit the mirror button. On the Auris SR, it's not lit and is a pain to locate the button in the dark. It's located next to the mirror adjust left/right buttons, which are also unlit.
I'm just going downstairs to try out Celica66's unfolding tip to see if it works there too.

cleloid said:
Musketeer said:
Hopefully they have lit the mirror button. On the Auris SR, it's not lit and is a pain to locate the button in the dark. It's located next to the mirror adjust left/right buttons, which are also unlit.
I'm just going downstairs to try out Celica66's unfolding tip to see if it works there too.
Unfortunately the button is not lit either

Bloody bean counters!!!

Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue from now on, after I read Celica66's little trick.

Habu said:
Musketeer said:
cleloid said:
Musketeer said:
Unfortunately the button is not lit either
Bloody bean counters!!!

Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue from now on, after I read Celica66's little trick.

It's not a trick. It's how the mirrors operate. Power on, push button to close / open the mirrors. They're just not connected to the central locking, that's all. It's no issue as you'll just push the button before you power off or push the button after you've powered on. As for it not being light, again, it's not an issue as you'll just instinctively find it if it's dark. Your handbrake and gear lever arn't lit but you find those.
I think you've misunderstood. In my Auris, I have three, unlit buttons all next to each other in a dark recess on the dash. Trying to locate the correct button without having to bend down and squint in the dark is really annoying (curtesy light goes out when the engine is turned on, which also allows the mirrors to be unfolded). With the mirrors folded, the button is flush with the dash. Gear stick and handbrake are a bit bigger and more easily located than the little button, so the comparison is not quite the same.
When I test drove the GT 86, the last thing on my mind was folding wing mirrors, so I have no idea where the little button is located. It's obviously not lit according to a previous post. In fact, I didn't even realise that the mirrors folded on the GT 86 until it was mentioned by somebody in these forums.
Anyway, to my mind, it seems a bit stingy to not light the little button for use in night time maneauvers on a £17,000 car, let alone a £25,000 car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.