GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I believe you get in car with key, don't press the brake pedal and press the start button twice, this then puts full ignition on and I guess the door mirrors. Hope this helps and works.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Celica66 said:
just checking with my dealer now to see if can be done...

Great - let us know

It's a very small inconvienience I know - but a couple of times when I park up I switch the engine off and realise that I havenot tucked the mirrors in and then have to put the ignition back on again..
Edited by: cleloid

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
having spoken to dealer the only way to fold mirrors is via button on door panel

if you fold them in then turn off engine and then press switch to fold out mirrors when you start car next time they will auto un-fold but that's all

no software option that they know of at moment

also on another thread mud flaps are a short delay but mine should be ok for 1st sept

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hopefully they have lit the mirror button. On the Auris SR, it's not lit and is a pain to locate the button in the dark. It's located next to the mirror adjust left/right buttons, which are also unlit.
I'm just going downstairs to try out Celica66's unfolding tip to see if it works there too.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Thanks to nick at beadles Toyota in Maidstone for the mirror trick
Also the rear view mirror is defiantly NOT auto dimming...checked with dealer

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Celica66 said:
Another scan

Alec

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
keelerad said:
Celica66 said:
Another scan

Alec
Hi Alec
Dealer said mirror is not auto dim but mirror does have anti glare on it...same as old mirrors
He said it is a miss print

I can only say what I was told today by dealer

Is an issue as that is second thing I have seen in owners book tonight that is wrong
Other was service book shows 3 years warrantee instead of the correct 5 on another thread earlier
At least that is a positive outcome

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Musketeer said:
Hopefully they have lit the mirror button. On the Auris SR, it's not lit and is a pain to locate the button in the dark. It's located next to the mirror adjust left/right buttons, which are also unlit.
I'm just going downstairs to try out Celica66's unfolding tip to see if it works there too.
Unfortunately the button is not lit either

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
cleloid said:
Musketeer said:

Bloody bean counters!!!

Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue from now on, after I read Celica66's little trick.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Musketeer said:
cleloid said:
Musketeer said:
Bloody bean counters!!!

Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue from now on, after I read Celica66's little trick.

It's not a trick. It's how the mirrors operate. Power on, push button to close / open the mirrors. They're just not connected to the central locking, that's all. It's no issue as you'll just push the button before you power off or push the button after you've powered on. As for it not being light, again, it's not an issue as you'll just instinctively find it if it's dark. Your handbrake and gear lever arn't lit but you find those.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Celica66 said:
keelerad said:
Celica66 said:
Another scan

Alec
Hi Alec
Dealer said mirror is not auto dim but mirror does have anti glare on it...same as old mirrors
He said it is a miss print

I can only say what I was told today by dealer

Is an issue as that is second thing I have seen in owners book tonight that is wrong
Other was service book shows 3 years warrantee instead of the correct 5 on another thread earlier
At least that is a positive outcome

The service book is wrong - I was told that Toyota did not want to throw away the old stock - instead they provided a folder for the service book with the correct 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Just another little snippet of information I picked up yesterday
To change plugs takes approx 3 hours ......
But they last for 60,000 miles....yes I did say 60,000 miles

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.