GT86 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Angel C said:

Run Senna, run..!
At first glance you would think Angel C was telling someone to run. On closer inspection, you will see he is doing a Brody on the beaches of Amity Island.
If you want to see the great white shark you need to attract its attention. You want to ladle out loads of chum. The shark will come and you need to be careful. Most of the time you will be safe, but beware the shark can bite.
This question is like chum. There will be a shark that suddenly appears from the dark depths out of no where. If my instincts are correct he will bite this time. This notorious great white is called Senna. Hide the sponges. Good luck my friend.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Duh-Duh,Duh-Duh,Duh-Duh...

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Nick4816 said:
Hey guys I'm basically wondering if it's safe to use the electric car washers at fuel stations, or if they'll scratch the car...
In a word, NO.

One similar alternative is to rub your bodywork with a Brillo pad...

In 1992 I regularly used drive - through car washes on my then brand-new company Ford Sierra (I know...don't laugh).

After a dozen or so washes, under any bright light (or sunshine) the car looked like I had sand-papered it!
Edited by: Senna

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
If they are still unsure as to what a car wash will do to your pride and joy try this....

Get a bucket and washing up sponge...the ones with Brillo on it and washing up liquid in bucket and wash your car....then regret taking the easy route for the rest of the time you own the car as it will now be ruined...oh and by the way you will have lied off Senna by doing so as his heart will have stopped after reading this....

·
Registered
887 Posts
the real question is - what is the easiest way to get rid of those scratches / swirly marks on a car that has been through an electric car wash?? (talking about the missus's Corsa here....)

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Easiest - pay someone to do it

Temporary removal/hiding = apply a glaze

Permanent = machine polish & wash properly in future

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.